I want a tummy tuck, I weigh 225 pounds and I am 5'9". Would I be a good candidate? (Photo)

I want a tummy tuck, I weigh 225 pounds and I am 5'9". Would I be a good candidate?

Thank you for the picture.  You would definitely benefit from a tummy tuck and pubic lift, and this can be combined with liposuction of your sides and back.  Good luck!

Tummy Tuck Candidate?

As long as you have no significant medical problems and are at a stable weight, I see no reason why you couldn't have a tummy tuck. The procedure will help to tighten and flatten and shape your abdomen. It is best to meet with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and discuss your goals. Then your doctor can offer you a treatment plan best suited to help  you meet your goals.

Tummy tuck with lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us.

After having analyzed your question and photos, i realize that you have a very beautiful body, with some sagging skin, fat tissue and several stretch marks...So, we need to rescue that figure!
In this regard, I'm totally agree with you, therefore i recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.
Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).

Respectfully, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy tuck candidate

You would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.  I would ensure that your weight is stable before proceeding.  If you have also have a goal weight that you are trying to achieve, then I would work on this before you proceed with surgery.

Tummy Tuck?

Your pictures are very much appreciated. It looks like you would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck and liposuction. Please see it in person consultation for the best recommendations. 

Thank you for the question and pictures. Generally speaking, it is always best to achieve long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with body contouring surgery. Doing so, will increase the safety of the operation, will likely improve the outcome of the operation, and will decrease chances that additional surgery will become necessary subsequently.

In my practice, I do not ask specific patients to achieve a specific weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. I simply ask patients to achieve a long-term stable weight where he/she feels comfortable and does not expect significant fluctuation postoperatively.

As you know, recruiting other professionals such as personal trainers, nutritionists, physicians who specialize in weight loss concerns etc. may be helpful to you.

When the time is right, seeking consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be your next/best step. You may find the attached link, dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns,  helpful to you as you learn more.  Best wishes.

TT

your photo is helpful. you would get some improvement with a TT as a stage one procedure. to gain further improvement, once the TT has healed, you could consider liposuction of the abdomen and back region to help slim your mid torso area even further. it all depends on your expectations for the end result.

Am I a candidate for TT ?

Thanks for your question. You will need to loose about 25-30 lbs to lower your BMI to around 30 prior to a full tummy tuck. Your risks are lessened if you reduce your weight. Good luck on your cosmetic journey. 

Dr. B

Although you appear to be a good candidate from your photos an in person exam is needed.  You should get a good result from a tummy tuck.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for evaluation.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Want a tummy tuck

An in person exam would ultimately be need to decide on a tummy tuck but certainly from the photos you appear to be.  Your calculated BMI is 33 and you should expect a great result.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area and best wishes.

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon