I have never gotten any results from exercise for underarms. Would CoolSculpting of them be an option for me?

I have been diagnosed with ulnar nerve neuropathy, tennis elbow, & carpal tunnel. I've heard that coolsclpting of the upper arms couldn't be done due to the nerves involved. Is this true? If not, would this be too risky to do with my current nerve condition?

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
coolsculpting does work for arms
However, if you have nerve conditions in the area I think it would best be avoided

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolsculpting and Neuropathy

Coolsculpting is a great procedure and used on many patients in the arms and legs.  However, if you have a history of neuropathy I would definitely avoid this procedure.

Neuropathy and Coolsculpsting

I would be weary to treat you until you have your neuropathy under control as Coolsculpting can exacerbate your symptoms depending to the reasons for your neuropathy.  If you are already a candidate for carpal tunnel release or cubital tunnel release (ulnar nerve), then you may want to these procedures first and recover.  

A hi definition arm procedure is moch better than coolsculpting

Cool sculpting cannot contour and only removes to most 20% in people who toe a series of treatments.  Hi feef can scjlpt and etch the areas and outlines the muscles.  I suggest a procedure that gives me definition and better shape.  Best, Dr. Emer

CoolSculpting Upper Arms

Great question. While some photos and an exam would be helpful I think there can be a roll for CoolSculpting of the upper arms.

As of yet there is not an arm specific applicator, there are many configurations that, depending on the pt and their arms can be very useful.
Here in Canada we tend to use the Cool Fit applicator for upper arm reshaping.

Regarding peripheral nerves - it's not uncommon to have some temporary numbness in a treatment area. This subsides with time.
While the Cool Sculpting treatment doesn't penetrate down to the depth of the major nerves it would be a good idea to clarify the severity of your condition before moving ahead with any contouring procedure. It might be advisable to manage your pinched nerves before reshaping your arms.

Discuss this further with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. You can develop a more tailored treatment plan from there.

All the best.

Trefor Nodwell, MD
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon

Arms & Coolsculpting

Thank you for your question.  The reason that Coolsculpting is not used on the arms is primarily because of applicator issues.  The device has been used there and is effective but because of current applicator shapes, it tends to leave an indentation or contour irregularity at the outside of the treatment zone such as at the elbow and armpit.  The manufacturer is likely going to address this problem with improved applicator design in the future due to high patient deman for this treatment.  At this point liposuction is a better option.  Your peripheral nerve issues are a complicating factor for either treatment as the treatment zones are close to your nerves and postoperative swelling could exacerbate your condition.  Discuss this matter with your nerve surgeon before proceeding with a cosmetic treatment.  Best wishes.