I'm a healthy, 44yr old. Recently had my 3rd surgery, and have now, yet again popped open. Why does this keep happening? (Photo)

5 wks post op- my 2nd redo of my maxipexy/implant placement. I've healed better this time around but now, after the tape was removed, I've popped open on the lower portion of the left breast. This seems to be my "problem" breast. It's about 1.5-2 inches in diameter, swollen, ozzing, and appears like a rupture. I'm now on antibiotics but my question is..why am I having such issues?? My lift failed and burst open the first time, but sometimes revisions are necessary. Implants are smaller, 275cc

Keeps popping open

It's hard to tell from your photo exactly what's going on other than it is misshapen at the bottom. You may want to wait until the wound heals up a little bit more so they could be closed with less tension. Follow up with your chosen plastic surgeon is recommended. Good luck.

Wound problems after surgery

Hi and thank you for your question. It is possible to sometimes have small defects or openings develop in the tissue after undergoing surgery specifically when it is an implant placement and a breast lift and or combination. Most of the time these heal without incident but can be a nuisance to the patient. I would suggest contacting your plastic surgeon so he can expedite your care

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Wound separation

It is difficult to tell from the photos. If you have an open area it is best to closely follow the wound care instructions that your surgeon has in place for you.