When should I start going to the gym after liposuction?

After 3 months of being liposuctioned and fat transfered . Can i start going to the gymn??? Should i wear my girdle when im working out or i must not ????

Liposuction

Great question, and one we hear quite frequently! Usually after six weeks of wearing your compression garment you may resume physical activity and your exercise program. I advise my patients to be cautious and ease back into their workout routines. When in doubt it's a good idea to check in with your board-certified plastic surgeon for the green light.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Gym after Liposuction

Thank you for your question. Straining, bending over and lifting should be avoided during the early postoperative period. In many instances, you will be able to resume most of your normal activities within 10 days or less. Best of luck!Dhaval M. Patel Double board certified Plastic surgeon Hoffman Estates BarringtonOakbrook Chicago

Dhaval M. Patel, MD
Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Gym After Liposuction

I have all my patients start back at the gym 7-10 days after surgery.  It all depends on their healing however.  It is best to speak to your physician.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Workout 3 months after lipo

Thanks for your question.  I'd recommend checking with your own surgeon before resuming all exercises.  In my practice the majority of patients would be back at the gym by 3 months after surgery (usually sooner).

Liposuction and gym

If you had liposuction alone, often a patient can go back to the gym sooner than other surgical patients. Fat grafting adds another component.  I usually allow patients to go back to the gym after more involved surgery within 3-4 weeks to perform light aerobics only. Always best to ask your surgeon.

Liposuction

Thank you for your question.  If your recovery has been uneventful,  by the fifth to sixth week you may resume full exercise and often times, you are no longer required to wear your compression garment.  You may wish to consult with you surgeon, as many surgeons have their own unique post operative instructions.

Best regards,
Dr. Lane F. Smith, MD
Plastic Surgeon
Las Vegas, NV

Lane Smith, MD

Gym after liposuction

Each surgeon is a little different, and depending on your case the recommendations can be different. However, I generally tell my patients that after 6-8 weeks they should be ready to resume full and unrestricted activities. I would give your plastic surgeon a call or a visit to confirm there was nothing about your case that would preclude it.

Good luck!