What can I do to fix my face? Botox, cheek implant, fillers? (Photo)

Alright, so over the past few years I've noticed my cheeks have become assymetrical. At first, I thought I had just lost volume in my right cheek, but now I'm noticing my right eyebrows has lost its arch. What can I do to make the right side of my face look more like the left? I've attached a photo of what I would like and want to know if it is even feasible.

Doctor Answers 9


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question and photos.  You need very little work done to your face.  If anything, you could use a little Botox to elevate your lower brow and some filler for some areas of your face to make up for the minor asymmetry.

All the best,

Facial Implants - Facial Contouring

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Asymmetry is a major concern for many patients.The degree, or amount, of asymmetry; however, is very personal and subjective. In general, all patients have a relative asymmetry between the right and left sides of the face. I have referenced a book chapter below that describes the common findings of asymmetry that are inherent in all of our faces.

Additionally, there have been studies that mirrored a person’s one side and flipped it to the opposite side of the face in order to create a perfectly symmetrical face. Study subjects believed the true asymmetrical face to be more attractive than the perfectly symmetrical face. It is human to be asymmetrical and our brains are wired to appreciate its beauty.

Referencing back to your photos, there are options to help satisfy your goals.  Your brow can be lifted with filler or Ulthera.  If a conservative non-surgical approach does not improve it to your standards, then a browlift is safe and effective procedure.

Your cheek region can definitely be augmented to achieve your image that you have provided.  The non-surgical temporary options include Voluma or radiesse injections to return volume.  I prefer cheek implants in my practice because they are permanent (but can be removed easily) and they can be customized to your facial contour desires.  I agree with your aesthetic ideal and believe you can achieve these results. 

I recommend you schedule a consultation with a board certified facial plastic & reconstructive and/or plastic surgeon.

Karan Dhir, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 64 reviews

Facial Asymmetry including brow and eyelid ptosis, cheek volume loss

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Dear desybee:

Facial asymmetry of all body areas IS normal. 

Thank you for sharing your photos. You have terrific facial balance and beautiful attributes. Based on these photos, please consider:
  • Oculoplastics evaluation for ptosis of the left upper eyelid
  • minimal amounts of Botox or filler to raise the medial left brow and outer right brow
  • fillers for the medial to central cheek
  • ZO Obagi Skin Health Care to manage oiliness and blemishes and facial tightening and rejuvenation. 
Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, ENT Facial Surgeon, Dermatologist or Oculoplastics Surgeon who has the expertise and experience to consider all these options. 

All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 103 reviews

Normal Asymmetry

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for sharing your concerns and that interesting before and want-to-be after photograph. Your face has normal asymmetry which does not detract from your good looks. If the subtle asymmetry really bothers you, then the right brow could be elevated with a little Botox. The cheek can be filled with many different fillers available on the market. Good luck.

Facial Asymmetry

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Botox and Fillers such as Juvderm Voluma or Sculptra would definitely help you enhance the lost volume and the arch in the eyebrow area.  Your photos were very helpful.  You have great facial features and would need very little to enhance them.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with these facial injections for the best cosmetic results.

What can I do to fix my face?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. Filler can be used to enhance cheeks and add any lost volume. Botox can be injected to lift the eyebrow. Perfect symmetry is difficult to obtain. Speak with an injector to discuss realistic options.

Hope this helps,

Martin Jugenburg, MD
Toronto Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 518 reviews

Facial Symmetry

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Many of us out there desire perfect symmetry. It's how we think as humans, design things and it seems "right". Unfortunately, that's not how nature works and that's not such a bad thing. There was an article published in the plastic surgery journals years ago that showed patients' pictures normal and then with two of either half, so three total. Such as your with the left side duplicated. Interestingly, in most of the images there seemed to be three people instead of just one! And more often than not, the symmetrical ones looked strange. 
In your case, I agree with the others that some Botox and filler could help rectify a few asymmetries. I would start there and worry about implants later on. 
Just keep in mind that perfect symmetry is not often natural and see a board certified (abms) specialist. Good luck!

Personal best!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
My compliments on your photoshop technique. It is important to keep in mind that almost no one is perfectly symmetrical and slight asymmetries and may even enhance a person's appearance. That said, the problems you observe can be corrected by Botox for the eyebrow and filler for the cheek. You should consult with a board certified dermatologist, or plastic surgeon to determine which type of filler to start with. 

David S. Orentreich, MD
New York Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1 review

Botox and fillersT

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The picture you present as to what you would like is very doable with Botox and Radiesse and you would not require surgery.  The use of Botox would change the shape of the eybrows and Radiesse can give you the cheeks you want. Just be sure you choose a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who is experienced in the use of these materials

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.