My ear lobe is torn all the way down from my ear ring hole all the way down. (photos)

Can I get fixed in an hour or two i'm going out to California for 2 1/2 weeks to visit my my kids and my family in from Kentucky and I know I will be in the ocean her swimming so where am I supposed it looks horrible

My ear lobe is torn all the way down from my ear ring hole all the way down.

Thank you for your question and photos.  A torn earlobe can be repaired in the office under local anesthetic.  However, there will be stitches that will be removed in 10-12 days.   If you have the procedure done before your trip, plan on a trip to a plastic surgeon or an urgent care facility for removal of the sutures.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon who has experience with this procedure.  Best wishes. 

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe Repair

Earlobe repair is a simple procedure that can be done in 30 mins. Be sure to consult with a board certified surgeon for best results. The cost varies depending on geographical location and surgeon experience. The average price starts at about $500. You will be able to re-pierce your ear after about 2 - 4 months. (depending on healing) Regards,

Earlobe repair

Seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon as pricing varies from surgeon to surgeon. Price can range from $400-$800. You will be able to re-pierce your ears 2 months after you have the earlobe repair done. Good luck, Dean Vistnes. 

Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #earloberepair

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Earlobe repair

Earlobe repair is a very common procedure. Frequently, we have patients who will have the procedure done the same day as the consultation. Typically, the cost is between $450-850 per earlobe, depending on the severity and the length of the procedure.You may be able to find a doctor who will do this under insurance but i am not aware of any.The length of time the ears have been gauged should have no effect on the procedure. As long as the tissue is no longer irritated or inflamed, there is no reason not to give it a try. Gauged ears are sometimes more difficult than some other earlobe repairs since the tissue is so over stretched, but we are still able to create a natural looking earlobe. You can get your ear re pierced about 6 weeks after and should be included in the pricing. Shop around in your area and see if you can find a plastic surgeon in your budget

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Torn ear lobe repair

Thank you for your question.  An ear lobe repair for a torn ear lobe takes approximately 20 minutes in the office under local anesthesia.  The sutures stay in place for approximately 10-12 days and the ears can be re-pierced at approximately 8 weeks.  There is no down time with this procedure.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

“Split” earlobes can be easily reconstructed under local anesthesia with minimal risk and recovery time. It is important to re-approximate the curved earlobe precisely to avoid step off or other visible deformity. You will find lots of examples of this procedure performed on this website, and on the attached link as well. I would suggest a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who's work you like.

Torn ear lobe repair

As noted, this is a common problem and an easy fix using only local anesthesia in the office.  The procedure takes 10 to 20 min, sutures out in 5 to 7 days and you can re-pierce in 4-6 weeks.  Dermatologists and plastic surgeons commonly do this.  Good luck.

Joshua E. Lane, MD, MBA
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon

Earlobe repair

It is an easy 20min office procedure. It involves local anesthesia only and you are all healed up in a week. After six weeks you can get the earlobe pierced again. RegardsDr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Torn earlobe

Thank you for asking about your torn earlobe.
  • If the earlobe was torn in the past 24 hours, it can be repaired by a plastic surgeon or in the ER.
  • If it was torn longer ago, then you need to see a plastic surgeon for repair.
  • I am sorry this happened at such an inconvenient time!
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Torn earlobes

A torn earlobe can often be fixed under straight local and the procedure takes about 10-15 minutes per side.  Good luck