I'm concerned about my right breast. It looks like a dent? (Photos)

It looks like a dent. Is there anything I can do to get rid of this dent? I'm 3w2d post op if that makes a diffence

Dent in breast

You are still very early in the recovery period. Over the next few weeks to months, with gravity the round nature of the implant will impose a round surface to the overlying tissues. The patient. All looks well at this stage in the game to me. Congratulations on your surgery.

I'm concerned about my right breast. It looks like a dent?

Thank you for your question and photographs, and congratulations on your surgery.  After placement of implants, the overall appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume.  I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then.  Hope this helps.

Dent

Your implants need more time to settle and then some of the indentation on the side will likely smooth out. Your implants look full and round do expect a few months for complete settling 

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

I have a dent

Congratulations on your recent surgery! At this point you are still early in the healing process.  You need to give it sometime for the implants to settle in the correct place and this could take 2-3 months . Hope this helps and best of luck! 

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

I'm concerned about my right breast

In the early time following breast augmentation there can be some concerns over the contours of your breasts. It really takes about 3 to 6 months in some individuals to see the final contour. Sometimes it takes even longer. There is a. About three months after surgery when gravity and the various forces of healing allow areas to smooth out. Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon who will have a better understanding of your particular anatomy. Most likely he or she will recommend waiting and massage to improve your concerns.

Worried about dent 3 weeks after breast augmentation.

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.

You are going through a difficult time like everyone who has a breast augmentation. You want to see your final result but for now, you are swollen and things don't look as natural as they will. Give yourself six months before judging your final result and be sure to point out your areas of concern to your surgeon.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend consulting with your surgeon so they can perform a physical examination. You are still early in your recovery period and while there is swelling present, the breasts may appear uneven or unnatural. Over the next 6-8 weeks the swelling should begin to resolve and the breasts will start to drop into their pockets and appear more natural and symmetrical. Everyone heals at different rates and one side may heal quicker than the other. I would wait until you are at least 6 months post op to make a final judgement about your breasts. Best of luck in your recovery.
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Implants

It looks like you just had them done and you need to give them time to settle and heal. Best of luck.

Contour Irregularities at 3 Weeks

Thank you for your question and photos. At 3 weeks post op, you can still expect your breast tissues to soften and inflammation to resolve. This will allow your implants to fully settle and could improve contour irregularities.

I recommend that you wait a few more months before evaluating your results.

All the best