What can circumferential abdominoplasty do for me (38/F 195lbs)? (Photo)

After 3 kids (all C-Cection), and a 64 pound weight loss thus far, I want to know what would be best for me to remove the fat/excess skin from midsection and back. I currently weigh 195 and would like to lose 25 more pounds before surgery. Help! What is best for me?

Lower body lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Congratulations on your weight loss so far. I agree with you losing another 25 pounds.

You are an excellent candidate for a lower body lift.  The results of this operation vary significantly from surgeon to surgeon. One reason is that they are performed differetly.

In my hands a lower body lift includes :

1. A full tummy tuck. 

2. A mons lift. 

3. A strong lateral thigh lift. 

4. A buttock lift. 

5. Auto augmentation of the buttocks and hips. The hip flap is designed to help increase or maintain your hip / waist ratio. 

Whomever you choose make sure that they are very experienced doing these kinds of procedures. 

Peter Fisher M.D 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Lower body lift

You have done an amazing job to have lost all that weight. I believe you could have a tremendous result with a lower body lift. This incorporates a tummy tuck and a lateral thigh and buttock lift to smooth you out both front and back. This can be done at one surgery or the two procedures can be separated and you have 2 surgeries. If you are still actively losing weight I would continue to do so. However if you have come to a plateau, I believe the surgery and the metabolic changes that come with it will get you to your goal weight.

Eric Weiss MD 

Eric Weiss, MD, FACS
Orange Park Plastic Surgeon

Circumferential lower body lift

Thank you for your question.  A full lower body lift is exactly the procedure indicated to correct the laxity of your skin  in the abdomen, hips, and lower back/buttock.  It is recommended that you reach your goal weight prior to surgery.  Consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons to further discuss your options.  Best wishes and congratulations!

Body Lift Expectations

A body lift would give your body comfort significant improvement and body confidence! To reduce the risk of needing a revision, it may be prudent to lose the 25 pounds first and to remain stable at that weight for around 6 months. 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Circumferential body lift

Best for you to lose the weight that you are trying to lose first. A circumferential abdominoplasty is probably the right procedure for you, as it also lift the buttock tissues.

What will lower body lift do

a lower body life or circumferential abdominoplasty is a very powerful procedure that if done correctly can transform the abdomen and buttocks. One of the benefits is that you can do a purse string gluteoplasty at the same time you do the back. This greatly improves the posterior contour and makes an even better outcome than just a standard belt lipectomy type procedure.   Congratulations on your weight loss and best of luck on your journey.

Jonathan Amspacher, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

Congratulations on your weight loss!

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam once you've reached a stable weight.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

You are a good candidate

Once you reach your goal weight and get your body tuned up, a circumferential abdominoplasty will have a profound impact on your physique.  I do find that the fitter people get in preparation for their surgery, the better they do.  

Abdominoplasty and liposuction

Re-evaluation after your sustained weight loss will determine which procedures are best indicated. Right now, staged Vaser ultrasound liposuction to your back, flanks, hips and leftover abdomen after traditional  tummy tuck should give nice results.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon who performs these procedures is recommended to confirm you are a candidate as well as discuss your options and expectations. 

Circumferential tummy tuck

Hello and thank you for your question.  Congratulations on your weight loss.  Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a circumferential tummy tuck with liposuction.  The belly button can be designed to look natural and have no scars on the exterior.   Your muscles can also be plicated resulting in a flat abdomen.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD