Alternatives to tummy tuck? (Photo)

I'm 21 with no kids and do not plan on having any for at least the next five years. I'm wanting liposuction maybe combined with another treatment to get rid of the volume of fat in my abdomen. I know a tummy tuck tuck would be best preferred for me but I do not want to have one until after I have kids and I'm okay with loose skin. Is just getting liposuction what I should do for now?

The ideal candidate for liposuction/tummy tuck will be close to their target weight.

Your concern about not wanting to get a tummy tuck prior to having children is a valid one, considering a second procedure would likely be necessary post-pregnancy to maintain the same results. However, it’s best to come as close as possible to reaching your target weight prior to having liposuction or tummy tuck procedures. And because liposuction won’t address any loose, excess skin, you may not get the results you’re looking for without a tummy tuck. I suggest consulting a board-certified plastic surgeon, who will be better equipped to assess your specific situation and address your individual concerns. Best of luck!

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting and Tummy Tuck

Liposuction alone will do very little for you on the front of your body, it wil help your arms, back, buttock, legs.  I suggest as much weight loss as possible or consider liposuction with skin removal.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Alternatives to tummy tuck?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..It will be better for you to have a tummy tuck with liposuction at the same time because of the amount of extra skin that you actually have.This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift. Hugs!

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Liposuction

Liposuction will make a significant difference in your mid-section if you treat the abdomen and waist. It sounds like you already understand the limitations in regard to the skin. Having said that, you will see surpirsing retraction . . . after you are done with child bearing, then you can proceed with an abdominoplasty at a later date no problem. Also know that it can be done under light sedation and local with NO general or deep IV sedation; you just have to find a provider that knows the technique. Thank you for the inquiry!

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Alternatives to tummy tuck?

Great question, IMO lipo suction of abdomen and flanks combines with a skin only procedure would beenfit you the most. No need for for the additional muscle tightening of a TT , you would have a fabulosu result, good luck!!!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Lipo versus tummy tuck

Certainly lipo alone would leave you with a better contour but with the downside of loose skin.  Talk to your surgeon about the risks and benefits and it will be up to you to decide whats an acceptable outcome or not.  It is a good idea to wait till you are done having kids but eventually a tummy tuck seems to be what will provide the greatest result.  Consider the cost, outcome, recovery, scars and down time for the given procedure to determine if liposuction is a good value for you.  Best wishes.

Levi J. Young, MD
Overland Park Plastic Surgeon

Alternatives to Tummy Tuck?

A cosmetic surgery is chosen based on what you want to correct or improve.

IF you want to get rid of stubborn localized fat, then Liposuction is the answer.
But, if you need to restore an hourglass figure and re-tighten muscles separated by pregnancy as well as lift a sagging Mons pubis and remove a large skin/fat overhanging apron, then the answer is a Tummy Tuck.

in your case, Liposuction of the back/flanks and the tummy would give you a narrower more feminine figure and may be associated with some skin shrinkage (especially along the back)

Peter Aldea, MD

Alternatives to tummy tuck?

The risks of wrinkled skin and a flap of lower skin must be understood. But superficial layered liposuction could offer a nice result!.

Liposuction

I would suggest either laser assisted or ultrasound assisted liposuction.  With a planned pregnancy in the future, I would not suggest a tummy tuck until you are done having children.

John Burns, MD

Liposuction - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. It is wise to delay tummy tuck surgery until after you have completed your family. I suggest adhering to a strict diet and exercise program to help lose some weight first. If you still have stubborn areas of fat, liposuction is an excellent treatment option for you. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination and discussion of what can be achieved. Hope this helps and good luck.