Bottoming out breast implants? (Photos)

I'm currently 3 months post-op I had both augmentation and implant 520 cc I am 5'8 and 170 pounds. I have a couple questions what causes this to happen and who normally would pay for a correction surgery is that something the patient is responsible for? What can be done to correct this what's the best way to go about it?

Double Bubble

The simplest way is to convert your lollypop scar into an anchor.  This will solve not only the persistent vertical skin excess, but also release the tethering of the skin to the implant. If your surgeon doesn't get it, go visit a few ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeons that specialize in revision breast surgery.

Double Bubble after Breast Augmentation

It appears that you have a "double bubble" after your breast augmentation.

This occurs when the implant extends beyond the natural breast crease.

Correction can be attempted with scoring and re-draping the lower portion of the natural breast tissue.  This can be done through the existing augmentation incisional scar.  There may be some supplemental techniques to help minimize the undesirable contour.

The cost for the surgery is handled differently by different practices: there is no universally accepted policy as to how such costs are handled. Best to have an open dialogue with your surgeon about what procedures they recommend and how costs for the additional surgery are handled.

Paul C. Zwiebel, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Double bubble

Thank you for your question and photos.  What you have is a classic "double bubble" deformity, not bottoming out.   This results from dissecting the implant pocket below the inftamammary fold.  

Lars Enevoldsen, MD
Modesto Plastic Surgeon