Liposculpture issues (photos)

I'm a 44 yr old male that stays in good shape . I had liposculpture on my abs and flanks . I'm currently 12 days post opp . Still have bruising and swelling but I have one specific area that's concerning me it's close to waste line low . It's very hard swollen terribly even using ice and daily massage it hasn't gone down at all and is somewhat painful. Please advise .

Hi Definition Body Shaping -- Get VASER HI DEF with Fat Transfer

It looks as if you have a seroma or infection and this needs to be evaluated.  I suggest seeing an expert and at this point going back to your physician to see if anything needs to be drained or more antibiotics started.  Compression and lymphatic massage are very important at this time. Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposculpture / Liposuction/ Hi Definition procedures/ Body contouring with fat grafting

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please follow up with your plastic surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.  From your photos, you may have some fluid build up that needs to be drained.  Please see your plastic surgeon for further evaluation.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Stop the ice

I would stop the ice you are burning the skin.  The massage is causing trauma.  I would wait until it has been a month and then add Velashape to the regimen.

Liposculpture issues

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Thank you for your question. I suggest that you remain patient during the recovery period and consult with the surgeon who performed your procedure.

Consider SculpSure, a 25-minute comfortable in-office treatment that can melt up to 25% of your unwanted belly and thigh fat - the same fat that tends to be stubborn and unresponsive to dieting and exercise.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr derby

It looks like build up fluid in the area. I would coordinate an appointment with your surgeon to be sure that all is going well. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Seroma or blood collection

The swelling you have could be related to fluid or blood collection. This can become hard and uncomfortable. 

I would consider ultrasound scan and possible aspiration (using a syringe) to remove any collection if possible. Sometimes this needs a small incision to remove the collection and can be done with freezing injections in an ambulatory care setting.

Please approach your Consultant Plastic Surgeon for full advice.

Hard areas in the longer term can persist and certainly fat necrosis with firmness is also possible.

Sanjay Azad, MS, FRCSEd
Thunder Bay Plastic Surgeon