I just got a breast reduction surgery not too long ago. I recently went to the doctors and he said I could take a shower?

Will the tape fall off when I get in the shower ???

Showering is good!

Showering keeps the operated area clean and reduces the chance of infection.
So it is good advice.
Your steri strips might come off, but that is not a problem if you disinfectafter showering and place a sterile gauze in you bra on the wound.
good luck

Belgium Plastic Surgeon

Trust your surgeon

You trusted this surgeon to operate on you.  Please trust the surgeon for your postop instructions.  I encourage patients to shower the day after surgery.

James D. Frost, MD
Pensacola Plastic Surgeon

Shower after breast reduction?

I would listen to your surgeon. I allow my patients to shower the day after breast reduction. Steri strips or tapes will generally stay on even in the shower.  

Thank you for your question.  If your surgeon has allowed you to shower then it should be ok.  In my practice I allow patients to shower the day of surgery and every day thereafter.  The steri strips usually fall off between the second and third weeks.  Contact your surgeon's office for more specific information.  Good luck. 

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon