Uneven breast after augmentation (photos)

I have breast surgery 23 days ago, and my left breast look bigger than the right, I am using a comprehensive stripe but idk if it will get any better I will include pictures of my breast before the surgery and after

Uneven breasts after augmentation

At 3 weeks post-op, even if you started with perfect symmetry (most don't), swelling due to position, arm use, sleeping patterns, and any differences in the healing process show up as asymmetry. This is absolutely normal.

This is absolutely normal. (In case you aren't sure after reading the first time!)

Significant asymmetry in swelling would be one breast twice the size of the other--this is a sign of bleeding, and it is accompanied by tight , shiny skin, much discomfort, and (surprisingly) little or no bruising. If your swelling reached that severity, then it is still not an emergency, but surgery is necessary to remove the blood. There is no evidence you have anything other than normal healing (and pre-operative asymmetry perhaps "magnified" slightly by the surgery) at this point in time.

Keep in touch with your surgeon and follow all instructions. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Uneven breast after augmentation

It is common for your breasts to be asymmetrical in the first few months after the operation, since the bruising and swelling in each breast differ in intensity. It takes around 3-6 months for you to see the final results and shape of your breasts. If concerned, ask your surgeon for further reassurance.

Charles Nduka, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

Drop & Fluff

Thank you for the question and photos. It takes an average of 2-6 months for the breasts to drop and fluff. You are very early post op and at this point the breasts can appear asymmetric and quite high. It will take time for them to naturally drop and even out. Minor differences you had between your breasts pre op will remain however those differences are often amplified temporarily in early recovery.
I recommend that you share any ongoing concerns with your Plastic Surgeon.
All the best

Still asymmetric

Perfect symmetry with a breast augmentation is often times not possible especially when you start out with some degree of asymmetry to begin with. For less than a month out, your result looks right on track to me. The left one maybe a little higher, and a little more swollen, but I wouldn't consider it to be off of normal until at least three months has passed. Maintain follow up with your chosen plastic surgeon. Congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Thank you for your question.  You are still extremely early in the postoperative recovery phase.  You still have swelling and your implants have not yet settled.  It takes 3-6 months for all of the swelling to resolve and for your implants to settle into position.  You will likely see much improved symmetry after that time.  However, you did have some preoperative asymmetry and will then also likely have some degree of postoperative asymmetry.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon at your next visit.

You were uneven to begin with, so still may be uneven. However, you are still early in your healing and still have swelling. You don't use your arms equally, so your breasts may also have unequal swelling. Please follow all your post operative instructions, and discuss any concerns with your surgeon.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon