At what point should my eyes be closing and becoming symmetrical? (photos)

I am a 28 year old and had upper and lower bleph with fat repositioning. I am at day 20 post op. The upper lids seem to have different stitch lines, one being more straight and the other being more curved. My eyes are not closing and that seems to have gotten worse as the swelling has gone down. One of the lower lid drops more than the other. There is a lot of extra skin piling around the top of the lower lid where the stitches are.

Post operative care after blepharoplasty

You are still very early in your post operative recovery period. There is a very good chance what you are experiencing will get better over the next 1-2 months. It is important to discuss this with your surgeon but using massage on the lower eyelids will help decrease the asymmetry.

Problems after blepharoplasty

You are only 3 weeks out from surgery, so things are definitely going to change over the next couple of months. I would recommend you discuss your concerns with your surgeon. At the very least, some massage of the droopy lower lid can help improve it's position. I also have significant concern that you can't close your eyes completely. Make sure you are protecting your eyes at night with a lubricating gel. You may want to consider taping the eyes closed at night if that's possible.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon