Would liposculpture or fat freezing help my saggy arms? Do not want a scar all the way down my arm. (photo)

I want told 4 years ago the answer was brachioplasty. Have there been advancements since then that qualify me for something else? I hear of something new every day. Just hoping.

Brachioplasty still recommended

Brachioplasty remains to be among the most advanced procedures to address saggy arms. It is highly recommended for those that have ­­­recently lost a lot of weight either due to diet/exercise or bariatric surgery, and those that still have a good amount of skin elasticity. There are 2 kinds of brachioplasty: traditional and the mini-brachioplasty. The former eliminates excess fat & skin that droops downwards to create a tighter, smoother, more defined shape of the upper arm to reduce pockets of fat. The latter is indicated for those with only a minor amount of excess skin on the inner uppermost area of the arm - less fat and skin are removed than the former procedure. This results in a significantly smaller, less noticeable scare on the crease of the armpit. With your concern about scarring, the latter procedure would help in avoiding a scar all the way down your arm.

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for liposuction. This will thin your arms.  Your skin looks tight and should respond well.  I would follow the treatment with Velashape.

Arm Liposuction very effective forn the correct candidate

Arm liposuction is very effect for the correct candidate.   The person with just a little fat up to the substantially  heavy all work . Small bore cannuli and delicate liposuction allow a great reduction with success.  My Best,  Dr Commons

Would liposculpture or fat freezing help my saggy arms? Do not want a scar all the way down my arm.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Thank you for your question. SculpSure is a fantastic option for trimming the fat on your arms. It is a comfortable 25-minute in-office treatment with little recovery time that can eliminate up to 25% of your unwanted subcutaneous fat. I suggest that you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction / Liposculpture / High Definition Procedures / Liposuction Revision

I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique.

Vaser Hi Definition Liposculpture is an excellent choice for the arms. Due to the Vaser's skin tightening component, a brachioplasty may not be needed.

Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- FEMALE HI DEF PROCEDURE

I find that the arms do best with a hi definition procedure.  If you want an athletic look and contouring, seek a VASER specialist. Adding ThermiRF helps.  Best, Dr. Emer.