I had lower facelift & lower eyelids done 3/16. Dr added my fat in brows without consulting me. Can it be fixed ASAP? (Photo)

Do I have to wait 5 more months for nerve to regenerate due to Dr adding my fat in my brows without consulting Me before the surgery? Or can a Dr on realself give Me a name of a Dr to go to in New Orleans or even Dallas that may could fix this? Please Help Me!

Fat Transfer Results, Are They Permanent? Can It Be Reversed?

5fu/steroid injections can sometimes help. I suggest you see an expert for treatment and evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Forehead

It appears that temporal branch of your facial nerve is weak or not working. This can give the appearance of fullness on the side of injury. I recommend going back to your surgeon for evaluation and management. 

Mark Karolak, DO, FAOCO
Bridgewater Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead Asymmetry

It appears you have nerve injury of the temporal branch of your facial nerve on your right side.  While this is unusual, it can take 3 to 6 months to resolve itself.  I do not know any way to speed up the process.  Follow up with your surgeon, or seek a second opinion with another board certified plastic surgeon.  If you seek another opinion, take a copy of your operative report with you.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Forehead Asymmetry

Thank you for your question. even in a lower facelift the nerve which supplies innervation, temporal branch of the facial nerve, can be exposed and potentially harmed. Often with time this may improve especially if the nerve is just bruised. In fat transfer the nerve can be bruised as well but the cannulas are blunt and therefore the nerve should recover with time. Unfortunately it can take many months and as much as year for the nerve to recover. Although the position your left brow is more desirable you might want to consider the use of Botox to temporarily weaken the left side and give more balance to your forehead while the right side heals. Its a nice little trick to consider and may make the waiting period a little easier
Best of Luck
DrG

Lee A. Gibstein, MD

Forehead Asymmetry

This is unusual but can happen. It could be from the fat injection but most likely from the facelift. Not sure where you incisions were placed. There is a single motor nerve to your forehead and this appears to be the problem. Usually nerves will regenerate but it does take many months and up to a year. In my experience they do return. If you are concerned about the asymmetry of your forehead, ask your surgeon if he would be willing to put Botox on the other side to help temporarily. There is nothing you can do at this time but wait. 

Scott R. Brundage, MD
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Nerve injury after facial surgery

You appear to have a nerve injury of the temporal branch of your facial nerve on the right side. While this may be related to fat transfer, it can also occur during isolated lower facelift surgery.The good news is that this is generally a temporary condition, and resolves over 3 to 6 months. The bad news is that I do not know of any way to speed that process up besides luck. 

I wish you a speedy recovery he. 

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon