Is an arm lift included in Mommy Makeover? (Photo)

From my pictures would I Need an Arm Lift or just liposuction of the arms?

A mommy makeover?

Generally speaking, a mommy makeover includes breast and tummy surgery with or without liposuction depending on the patient's needs and desired outcome. This combination has been shown to be safely performed when the procedure is done by a certified surgeon, in a certified facility, with certified anesthesia. Adding an arm lift is not part of the "routine" mommy makeover and should only be added if it is safe to proceed. Photos are not a substitute for a good examination, so I would guess you only need liposuction and not an actual arm lift. Best wishes, Dr. ALDO :)

Is an arm lift included in Mommy Makeover?

Thank you for your question. A mommy makeover usually includes procedures that are "necessary" after pregnancy (commonly tummy tuck/ breast surgery/ liposuction).  There are many patients who choose to have breast surgery as well as arm lifting surgery at the same time.

Best to discuss your specific concerns/goals with your plastic surgeon

Additional Procedures With a Mommy Makeover

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. 
Many procedures can be combined. Cosmetic procedures such as Brazilian Butt Lift (#BBL), Thigh Lift (#TL) and Mommy Makeover (#MMO), which usually concentrates on the breast and abdomen areas, may be combined together. However, I look at the risk factors such as surgery time greater than 6 hours, or #anesthesia time, increased risks of DVT, prolonged  #healing, #positioning after surgery to name a few, which are a lot to consider. These factors are relative to performing any variety of combinations. 
The suitability of your procedures and any specific risks may be determined during you #consultation. Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. All surgical #procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Also, another element to a #satisfying result of your procedures are realistic #expectations.

Arm lift?

Hi.  You don't have any sagging arm skin - so I don't feel that an arm lift is needed.  Although it is hard to tell by the photos, at most, a little liposuction there would be all I would recommend for your arm.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Arm

Arm lifts and or liposuction are not usually a part of a mommy makeover.

Arms can be performed at the same time or a different day.

Liposuction will help.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon

Any procedure may be included in a Mommy Makeover. Based on the pictures, arm lipo may be a better option.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Can an arm lift or arm liposuction be done with a mommy make-over?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• Your photo suggests that you do not need an arm lift - but liposuction may be helpful.
  • Depending on what is done with a mommy make-over, it might be possible to do either procedure but usually an arm lift would be done separately, but arm liposuction could be fitted in.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Arm lift included in mommy makeover?

Thank you for your question. Mommy makeovers involve various combinations of proceudres to improve the breasts, abdomen, hips, back, arms, legs, buttocks, etc.  From the photos it seems like you would have great results from just liposuction to your arms. Although this is best dtermined during an in person consultation. 

Combination procedures can give powerful results but SAFETY is KEY.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Alex Campbell, MD
Colombia Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

Mommy Makeover is a term that describes a combination of procedures that helps women to reshape their bodies after pregnancy.  An arm lift or liposuction can often be done in conjunction with other procedures.  It appears from your photos that you may be able to achieve a moderate change with liposuction.  I recommend you visit with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  At this appointment you can discuss your surgical goals and together you can design a plan to help you achieve them.  

Camille Cash, MD

Arm Lift During Mommy Makeover

Thank you very much for your question and photographs. The Mommy Makeover normally includes a tummy tuck, breast augmentation, and liposuction. However, this set of procedures can be tailored to your unique needs, potentially including a brachioplasty (arm lift). My suggestion is that you schedule a consultation appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your Mommy Makeover options.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD