When can I start using my hand weights?

I had a mommy makeover w/ breast lift and implants, and I was wondering when can I start using my hand weights? I have 3 and 5lb weights. I want to work on firming my arms. I'll be 6 weeks PO on Tuesday.

Mommy makeover recovery

As long as you have been progressing normally through your recovery, you should probably be fine using your hand weights.  As always, it is best to check with your plastic surgeon to be sure since he/she is most familiar with the details of your surgery and how your recovery has been.

Breast Augmentation - Post Op Exercise

Thank you for your question. Most patients are cleared to perform lifting > 10 pounds 4 - 6 weeks following breast augmentation. You may return to walking and light lifting sooner, but would not perform any strenuous activity without clearance from your surgeon. It is best to have an in-person follow up examination for recommendations regarding what you should and should not be doing. Good luck with your recovery.

Exercise After Mommy Makeover

Thank you for your question. Typically exercise with weights can be resumed at 6 weeks. I recommend discussing your limitations with your doctor.  Always be sure to use a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Dr derby

Thank you for your question. In general it is best not to lift any weights in the first 6-8 weeks after your procedure. Talk to your doctor to see what he/she thinks. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Hand Weights?

Thank you for your question.I usually recommend my patients wait 6 weeks after their #mommymakeover before resuming normal exercise #activity.  You should be good to go on Tuesday!That being said, each #plasticsurgeon has different post-op instructions so ask your #boardcertified surgeon what they recommend.

Weights

At six weeks, unless there is something unusual about your surgery or recovery, I would have no problem allowing you to resume these. Of course, your surgeon knows your case best so follow their instructions.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Postop instructions

Thank you for your question.  I recommend no heavy lifting (no more than 10-15 lbs) or strenuous activity for four weeks after a breast augmentation and six weeks after a tummy tuck with rectus plication.  It is best for you to ask your surgeon about his/her specific recommendations regarding your postop recovery and activity restrictions.  Best wishes!