Would chin liposuction help me get a smaller face? What areas are treated during this process; jowls or cheeks as well? (Photo)

Would chin liposuction help me to get a smaller face? What areas are treated during this process(jowls or cheeks as well?)

Chin Liposuction - can I treat neck and jowls and cheeks?

The photo that you've included appears to show a beautiful, smooth, and trim neck and lower face. Based solely on this photo, I would not recommend liposuction for your neck or face. You might want to consider non-invasive radio frequency devices such as EndyMed 3DEEP, instead. To address your second question...yes, liposuction, especially, laser assisted, Precision Smart Lipo, can achieve stunning results for sculpting and tightening neck, jowls and cheeks. Wonderful advantages of Smart Lipo is that it can be done quite comfortably in the office with minimal down time.

Facial sculpting

I like this question. It brings up a few great points. 

# 1 chin (submental) liposuction mainly focuses under the chin, the neck and the jaw line. This can make a significant difference. It does leave the cheeks full though. 

# 2 one thing I have found as an adjunct treatment to chin liposuction which makes a big difference is buccal fat pad removal. It can narrow just lateral to the oral commissure (corners of the mouth). If you suck in your cheeks that gives you an exaggerated idea of what can be obtained.

Hope this helps.

DrC

Benjamin Caughlin, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Would chin liposuction help me get a smaller face?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years.  From the photos, your cheeks are very flat in the front, there is excess fat in front and below the cheek, chin is weak as are the posterior (back portions) of the jaw line.  These combine to create an elongated, rectangularly shaped face.  

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces. Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front. Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.  Liposuction of the face would be combined for further shaping of the cheeks.

I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.  Liposuction, under the chin, would not provide any chin projection nor add the harmony and balance to the lower face that a chin implant would provide.

The back portion of your jaw line is a bit weak and can be augmented, without making your face appear masculine, using precise placement of a dermal filler (I prefer using Restylane Lyft).