What do you recommend to reduce nostrils size and slender nose out a bit without drastic changes in appearance? (photos)

Rhinoplasty Goals -

A rhinoplasty specialist will be able to comprehensively address the issues you have with your nose.
One thing to keep in mind though is that there is a limitation to the amount of tip refinement you can achieve (how small/narrow) because of the thickness of your skin.
While there are a variety of approaches and techniques employed by various surgeons, it is up to you to do your due diligence to find a rhinoplasty specialist in order to achieve the best results possible. Using autologous grafts (tissue and cartilage from your own body) will provide the safest and most permanent results.

Rhinoplasty candidate to narrow a wide nose

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish narrowing a wide nose. Narrowing the bridge line is accomplished with osteotomies.  Narrowing the tip is performed with a tip-plasty. Narrowing the nostrils is accomplished with an alar plasty which involves removal of a wedge of skin at the base of the nostrils and sewing them closer together. For more information and many examples, please see the video and the link below

What do you recommend to reduce nostrils size and slender nose out a bit without drastic changes in appearance?

The areas that concern you can be realistically cosmetically improved with an artistically performed rhinoplasty.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, M.D., FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Nostril (Alar) reduction

Alar reduction is a simple procedure for making the flare of your nostrils less. It is rarely done in isolation without other maneuvers on the nose, but in select patients it can be done successfully. Reducing your nostrils will not make the bridge of your nose more slender. Additionally, because your skin seems to have olive tones, I would be very careful and know that sometimes alarplasty can leave visible scars that you need to understand the risks of. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Nostril reduction is all you need

Simply nostril reduction will give you the change you seek.  It is an out patient surgery. Most plastic surgeons accomplish it under local anesthesia.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Decreasing Width of Nose and Reducing Nostril Size

The base of your nose and the width of your nostrils can be reduced. A full set of pictures as described on my website are necessary to make any other suggestions.

I think that you would have to be seen in person to get the full  picture. Alar base reduction can be part of the procedure to reduce flare and/or width.

Close Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

As an artist I like using the reshahaping technique when performing Rhinoplasties. Using advanced suturing techniques I can change the shape of the nasal cartilages giving a thinner, more refined natural looking nose.

I like to to find out from the patient what they don't like about their nose and what their goals are. I then examine the nose and write a detailed operative plan .

I incorporate the FINNESSE technique which I invented. Bleeding , bruising , and postoperative pain is minimal when compared to traditional technique. It's not uncommon that some patients have no bruising after surgery.

For more information please watch the enclosed video. 

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Nostril reduction

The procedure used to achieve what you have asked is called Weir Wedge excision.  Basically, the nostrils are reduced by removing the excess laterally and hiding the scar in the natural groove on the side of your nose.  Be sure to see a surgeon with experience with this procedure as taking the correct amount off  and hiding the scar can be tricky.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon