Would it be safe to get a BBL, with my BMI being at 39.1?

I have a bmi of 39.1 & just recently had twin babies, I would like to get a BBL & a Tummy Tuck. I know a tummy tuck would have to be done after the BBL but would it be safe for me to get the BBL with My Bmi being so high. If so which doctors would be recommend?

Your first step with the information given should be to loose weight in order to be at good BMI so that you are healthy for a procedure.  Your bmi is at 39.1 and you should be at 32 . You need to loose a little bit of weight and you should be fine.  When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.  A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.

Great question, a higher BMI does put you at higher risks but does not preclude you from certain surgeries, you would have to have a detailed discussion with your PS....about the rear I  always say the best way to a nice rear is a small waist!! Good luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

BMI for BBL

Thank you for your question.I recommend that my patients have a BMI of 30 or less to have the best and safest results and minimize your risk of running into any complications during surgery or post-operatively. In my opinion, if you are investing all this time and money into cosmetic surgery, I would continue to lose the weight until you are in a healthy BMI range and therefore, can achieve optimal results. It is important to remember to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle through diet and exercise, even after surgery for best results and to reduce your chance of health related issues. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Recommended BMI before procedure

Thank you for the inquiry. Generally speaking, the higher your BMI it can put you more at risk to health concerns in relation to your weight (i.e. diabetes, joint problems, and heart disease ) and could cause complications post procedure. The intention of a Brazilian Butt Lift is to improve the overall shape/contour of your body, rather than a weight loss surgery. Also, if the surgery was done prematurely and later the patient had major weight loss, there is a possibility that the surgery may have to be redone. It is recommended for a patient to be within 15-20% from their goal weight to achieve optimal results. Best Wishes to you!

Jaime Perez, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Weight loss before surgery

Ideal candidates are at a stable weight,  in good health , and have excess fat in some parts of the body and too little in other regions.  Gaining weight before the procedure is to no advantage and when you lose weight again the fat cells will shrink just like the donor site fat cells.  Typically, the transferred fat results in a significant increase in volume of the body site being treated.