Rhinoplasty. Can anyone tell me how much it would be to get my dorsal hump removed?

Can anyone tell me how much it would be to get my dorsal hump removed? I know I shouldn't pick the cheapest. I want the best out of all of Louisiana or Texas. I just need to start saving up.

COST OF RHINOPLASTY

Dear sierrahorn, The cost of a rhinoplasty will vary from surgeon to surgeon and from area to area. The nose is three dimensional and when a dorsal hump is reduced other techniques must be performed to bring the nose into balance. I would suggest since many surgeons like myself provide complimentary consultations that you seek consultations with some experts in the field. Have imaging performed to see the proposed results. To ensure your surgeon can provide natural looking rhinoplasty results review all of the before and after photographs especially those of noses similar to your own. After this process a fee will be quoted and the exact techniques that are going to be used to attain your desired result will be discussed. See examples in the link below and video above of the imaging process. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Rhinoplasty cost

Dear sierrahorn:      Thank you for your question. Cost is dependent on multiple factors including degree of difficulty. Without photos, history, and a physical examination it is impossible to give a precise answer. Ranges can be confusing because of differences in  operating room, anesthesia and surgeon fees plus insurance issues. A broad estimate is 6K to 25K depending on what needs to be done. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon. Remember to compare apples to apples when cost shopping. The Rhinoplasty Society is a good place to start. Good luck and I hope this helps!

Rhinoplasty

the cost of rhinoplasty depends on the extent of the work that needs to be done and the experience and training of your surgeon. The range may be from is typically between 6 and 16000. Best regards. 

Sean R. Weiss, MD, FACS
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of a rhinoplasty to shave down the dorsal hump

The dorsal hump is composed of both bone and cartilage must be shared  down order to remove  it. Osteotomies placed in the nasal bones are required to close the open roof on the bridge of the nose created from the hump removal process. The tip of the nose sometimes need to be adjusted as well when needed. The cost of a rhinoplasty depend upon the fees for the operating room, anesthesia and surgeon's professional fees for performing the surgery addition to all of the follow-up visits. For many examples, more information and our current price list, please see the link and the video below

Dorsal hump

It is a little tough to say, since I vary my price based on how complex the surgery is.  If it is a simple dorsal hump issue and nothing else, then the cost is probably something like $7,000.  It you need/want more, then it goes up.  On average, I'd say 10k is a rough, total out of pocket cost.  But as I said, there are a ton of variables.

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thanks for the question. I recommend you to send your photos to us to give you the advices you need and want.Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Cost vary depending on the region as well as the knowledge and experience of the surgeon.  Consult with board certified plastic surgeons who are highly experienced for your best result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD