Pain after 3 weeks. The long incision is from a previous WLS surgery. (Photo)

I have been in pain with my whole body since the first day of surgery. I had a TT, breast lift (no implants) and lipo to the thighs. But everyday it still feel like I have been hit by a bus. I would have thought going into my 4th week I would feel more like myself. Also the incision feels extremely too tight. Is this normal? Should I told the PA she started me on muscle spams/relaxer but the incision site still hurt. Is the swelling like I have normal because I seem to have a pouch.

See your surgeon

Please check with your surgeon as your surgeon is the best person to answer that question. Without knowing your medical history it is difficult to help you. Good luck!

Post-Op Mommy Makeover Healing

Healing after the mommy makeover will take time. I have my patients out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred. No lifting or straining. At three weeks increased level of activity and full, no restrictions, at 6 weeks.

Now, if you are feeling pain and discomfort it would be important for you to visit your surgeon with all concerns ASAP. Best of luck to you and I hope that healing is able to continue well for you.

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (3 weeks post-po) the swelling and the pain are normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Pain after abdominoplasty

Unfortunately, an abdominoplasty is one of the more painful procedures plastic surgeons perform and you have lipo and a mastopexy as well.  It is not unusual to still have discomfort 4 weeks after surgery.  You do not seem to have an abnormal amount of swelling and it does take 3-6 months for all of the swelling to resolve..  It can feel tight for many weeks and often this is due to the muscle tightening sensation of being tight.  Consult your doctor and discuss some ways of using anti-inflammatories or non-narcotic pain medication for relief.  Advance your exercise program even if it is merely regular walking around the neighborhood.

Pain after 3 weeks. The long incision is from a previous WLS surgery.

Thank you for sharing your questions and photographs and I am sorry to hear of your recovery difficulties.  Though your pictures do not demonstrate any obvious issues it would be best to have an in-person evaluation performed by your surgeon, only they know the details of what was performed and can best offer your reassurance that you are healing well.  Three weeks is not much time after such an extensive operation but you should have been seeing steady improvement in pain over that time.  Hang in there!

Breast lift, liposuction and tummy tuck - still hurting after 3 weeks

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • It is impossible to tell you how you are healing without examining you.
  • I strongly recommend that given your concerns, you arrange to be seen by your surgeon, not just the PA.
  • The photo does not show abnormal swelling.
  • Healing after such surgery is a process that takes time.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS