How long before inflammation aching feeling is gone in cheeks (to jaw) after Radiesse? (photos)

I'm one week post BBL & 1 vial of Radiesse in "Apple" of cheeks (says Dr).. but got a higher cheekbone which was shocking.. my face is still burning which I understand is inflammation. I didn't do my research. Didn't know what to expect. Didn't have a filler preference. Now after some research I know that I ONLY wanted "tear troughs" plumped up.. Didn't want different face structure. My face still burns internally from the cheekbone down to my jawline. How long before this inflammation is gone?

Radiesse - cheeks still burning after two weeks

Thank you for asking about your Radiesse.
  • Please return to your surgeon -
  • Swelling, burning and pain suggest a possible infection.
  • If not an infection, it should not be causing this pain and the cause needs to be identified and treated.
Always consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Inflammation and Pain

Thank you for the pictures. When using Radiesse there shouldn't be much pain or swelling.  It usually takes up to 2 weeks to really see what the outcome will be regarding swelling and discomfort.  If you are concerned, I suggest you see your surgeon and let him or her how you are feeling. Good luck.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse and Results / Swelling In Cheeks

Radiesse shouldn't have much pain or swelling.  But i tell people to wait 2 weeks to determine the outcome  If you are concerned about pain or burning, call your physician for treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Radiesse and cheeks

the inflammation and discomfort is usually for a few days.  you should be sure you are seeing a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon and please discuss what you want before you are injected and if you cannot get it change doctors

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist