Will my implants stay this far apart after dropping and fluffing? (Photo)

I included my before picture, a wish picture of the cleavage I'd love to have (but I know I can't be exactly alike, and my surgeon did mention I have a good amount of spacing between my breasts before) and my current 7 days post op pics. I know it's very early, I am just wondering if it's possible that they'll end up a bit closer together after dropping and fluffing? Thanks so much!!

Will my breast implants stay this far apart after dropping and fluffing?

Thank you for your question.  You have an excellent result which should be even more pleasing at the implants have dropped over the next 3 months.  I do not think the result was a very close breasts that she show is possible because your breastbone  limits the movement of the implants to the inside.  However once the implants have dropped I do think he will have more obvious cleavage.

Will my implants stay this far apart after dropping and fluffing?

Thank you for your question and photograph, and it appears that you will have a very nice result. After placement of implants, the appearance of the breasts will change dramatically over the next several months, as the implants drop, and the overlying tissue stretches to accommodate the extra volume. In your case the swelling from surgery is flattening your implants and holding them high on your chest.  As this swelling resolves, the volume within the implant will redistribute towards the lower portion of your breast achieving a more natural appearance, and filling your bra cup more, and hopefully rounding out the inner aspect of each breast, narrowing your gapping.   I know waiting is difficult, but judge your results at 4-6 months after surgery as most of your breast changes should have occurred by then. Hope this helps.

Implant fluffing

Hello, congratulations on your surgical result.  It is quite possible that their appearance could change quite a bit over the next 3+ months, including the cleavage area.

Breast wish photo

During the consultation, it is important to point out to patients that their breasts may be far apart on their chests to begin with.  A breast aug may bring them slightly closer together, but this is a space you were born with.  It seems your implants are placed directly behind the nipple, which is exactly what your PS should do.  Once your breasts drop, I think you will be pleased.

Implant Position

Dear OohTaTa,

You seem to have a nice result underway so early after your surgery. There is only one proper position for the implants and that is to be centered underneath your nipple areola complex. I would expect you would have very little change from here on out.

I hope this has been helpful.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Thank you for your question. Breasts will continue to change in the coming several weeks. Please wait for 3 months and re evaluate.

Cleavage

Cleavage will be determined by your overall anatomy.  If you try to force it too much, it can lead to symmastia.

Your breast will soften over the next several months. Your result looks very normal at this stage in your recovery and I think that you will be very happy. It is normal to be anxious and concerned at this stage in your recovery.

All breasts will look slightly different. Your before picture shows that your breasts sit farther apart than the person you showed a before and after picture of. Your surgeon placed your implants in proper position, but you may never have breasts as close together as the other woman's because you have a different shaped chest.