Left breast sits high, and just a little firmer than the right, but can still move freely. Implants too high or CC?

450 silicone under muscle 8 months ago. PS said grade 2 CC. No pain in breast, just a lot of arm heaviness. Arm heaviness started at 3 months then went away after a month, but is now back again.. Got a second opinion and he said that my implants were placed too high and that can cause discomfort in breast and arm. Is this true, or CC?

Need photos

We need photos to know what we are looking at...Also, please speak to your plastic surgeon about this.

Implants Sitting Too High

Thank you for your question. By definition, a grade 2 CC wouldn't cause superior displacement of the implants. For the implants to displace, the capsule would have to be firm and exerting contractile forces on the implant...grade 3 or 4.

Matthew Becker, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Difficult to say

The answer to this question can only be determined with an in-person examination.  Not even photographs can adequately determine this for sure.  Visit again with your surgeon, or more opinions if possible.Best of luck!

Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your chest/arm symptoms after surgery.  Unfortunately without an in-person examination or full series of photographs it is difficult to offer definite advice, but the information you have obtained is correct.  Implants that are too high can stretch too much of your chest muscle causing soreness or discomfort with your arms while a firmer implant may indicate a low-grade capsular contracture.  I would see a series of ASPS board certified plastic surgeons for an evaluation and discussion of your current results, and methods to try and improve upon them.  

If your breast implants are soft and freely movable it is unlikely that she had a capsular contracture causing the implants to be too high.   The other alternative explanation would be that the pocket  is not low enough and may need to be revised.