I had tummy tuck and I'm not really happy with the outcome. Now I have a lot of fat in my back (Photo)

I had tummy tuck and I'm not really happy with the outcome. Now I have a lot of fat in my back which consist of rolls in my back. Now I would like someone to give me suggestions on what should I do liposuction are something else. would it be okay if I posted my pictures and someone tell me what I should do

Tummy Tuck Not Related to Back

Dear Kennede4, I think your tummy tuck result is very nice but certainly that should not be expected to affect your back in any manner. Liposuction of the rolls on your back will improve but not eliminate the effect. I hope this has been helpful. Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Bra lift , liposuction and buttock lift

Your concern about the back rolls and excess fatty tissue can not be corrected by tummy tuck. You can have liposuction and bra lift for the upper back and buttock lift and fat grafting for the lower back. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Back Liposuction vs Lateral Chest Wall Excision

Great Question! Your tummy tuck incisions look good. Having a tummy tuck should not have caused your back to get worse- these are two separate areas. What happens after surgery in a lot of women, they get their tummys done (and their tummys look good), and then women focus on the next worse area. You can do a few different things to help your back, liposuction being one of them. You would want to lipo your flanks, back, and bra roll. This would get the most fat away from your back. You could even do a Lateral Chest Wall Excision which is an incision in your bra area that goes all the way around your back- this helps pull up all loose skin and will give your shape a better look. Ask your surgeon what he/she recommends for your best outcome! Good Luck!

Ed Breazeale, Jr., MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

What are the options for treatment of my back?

Thank you for your question and photos.  Your abdomen looks great.  As you mention, the concern of  your back one can see the rolls of skin and tissue.  You may be a candidate for liposuction of the back area.  One should recover from the prior surgery on the abdomen before undergoing further surgery to lessen the risks of complications.  I would start with a face to face consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience in body contouring surgery. During your visit your surgeon should be evaluating your health to determine if you are a good surgical candidate and examining your tissues to get a sense of what type of procedure your tissues will allow. Only with a hands on exam can this be determined. Once an exam and opinion is rendered then you can decide if surgery is right for you. Good luck.

David J. Wages, MD
Peabody Plastic Surgeon

Back problems

You have a great result from your tummy tuck...but of course a tummy tuck doesn't lift the back. You may be a candidate for liposuction to reduce the volume, or a bra-line lift to get rid of the rolls. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon to determine what is the best option for you. Good luck!

Jeffrey Gusenoff, MD
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon