I want to know if chin liposuction and jowl liposuction one procedure ?

When requesting for chin liposuction, will the doctors remove fat from the jowl area as well? Or is that a separate price from the chin lipo? Is the jowl lipo included in the chin lipo procedure?

Chin liposuction and jowl liposuction one procedure ?

Liposuction of the gels is definitely not included in liposuction of the submental area beneath the chin.  In fact, I think it is ill advised to liposuction the gels without an accompanying facelift to lift the droopy skin.  In summary I would avoid liposuction of the gels when you have your chin liposuction done.  Good luck,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Is chin liposuction and jowl liposuction one procedure?

In our  practice, we do not recommend liposuction of the jowls. When the jowls are present, they need to be re-suspended and lifted with a facelift procedure. At the time of the facelift procedure, the neck can be de-fatted and with liposuction. A full set of facial photographs are required to make any determination about surgical procedures. For more information and  many examples, please see the video below

Hi, non smiling photos of your face from the front and side would help in the evaluation.  Liposuction of the chin and jowls are different areas of the face and doing one would not necessarily mean that the one area would be done unless it's requested.  I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants (cheek, chin), liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.

A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.   I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick and highly effective.

If you have "jowls” these are sagging facial tissues and an indication for some form of a SMAS facelift.  The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured (not merely folded or suspended with threads or sutures that will not last).  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane, cheek lift and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions and no incisions extend or are placed within the hair.
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery ( several days instead of weeks or months with the more invasive type facelifts mentioned)
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

I combine facial shaping with every facelift procedure.  When jowls are present, these should be done in concert and not alone or separately in order to create a naturally, more attractive face.

Hope this helps.