What can I have done to fix my asymmetrical eyebrows and cheekbone area? (photos)

The most important area to me at this time is getting my left brow to look more even with the right. Also it seems as though there is less brow bone and more skin on the left making it nearly impossible for me to shape the left brow. All this as gotten worse this past year. This has been affecting my self-esteem. What can be done to correct this., preferably without surgery. What are my options. Thanks in advance for your advice!!

Asymmetric eyebrows

Eyebrow asymmetry can be improved through neurotoxin combined with dermal fillers if you are looking for a non-surgical option OR browlift surgery.  Consult a facial plastic surgeon to see what they would recommend in your case as your focus is lifting one side of the brow more than the other in order to even out your look.

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow lifts help with asymmetry

Hi, thanks for your question.  Chemical brow-lifts, or liquid lifts can help raise the brows, making people look younger and happier. They require little recovery time and have fewer risks than surgical procedures. This procedure is often requested by those who want a brighter look to their eyes and a higher brow, but don’t want invasive surgery. They may not have a lot of skin to remove surgically, and they’re not sure they want the permanence of a surgical procedure. Chemical brow-lifts are accomplished with the use of either botulinum toxin A (Botox) or abobotulinum toxin A (Dysport). Both products relax the corrugator, procerus and orbicularis oculi muscles that pull the eyebrow down. Another option for you is having a traditional brow lift or endoscopic brow lift to make the left brow match the one on the right.  A brow lift will reposition the brow, shifting the wrinkles and repositioning a sagging brow.  To determine the best option for you, please consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Options For Eyebrow and Cheek Asymmetry Include Injectables or Surgery

You have 2 options, both of which may work well for you.  These are no particular order. The first would be an endoscopic brow lift, lifting the left side to match the right. This would give you more symmetry and likely make things look better.  The second option would be to use a combination of filler and Botox to try and obtain the same kind of symmetry.  This obviously can be done in the office without a surgical procedure.  While it may not give you quite as good a result as a brow lift, it would likely make things look significantly better.  Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD
Greenwood Village Facial Plastic Surgeon

Brow Lift

Thank you for your question. A brow lift will reposition the brow, shifting the wrinkles and repositioning a sagging brow. You seem young to be concerned about the wrinkles, however, the endoscopic brow lift will address the uneven left brow. Surgical procedure may be your only option, but for a full diagnosis, I suggest you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon