What can be expected after explant? Should I have a lift, and if so, what kind? (Photo)

My original implants were placed almost 10 years ago. Went from 34 A-small B to 34 C. Had revision/replacement December 2015. Went 50-60 cc larger, silicon from saline. I have honestly hated them since and am thinking about removal altogether. I have been offered different opinions regarding lift or no lift for expected loose skin. I'm worried about what's appropriate and what is the likely outcome, as I'm getting huge differences in opinion.

Lift and explantation

Your question mirrors the dilemma that many patients have when they want to have implants removed. Unfortunately there is no easy answer to be given in this particular forum The determination of whether or not you need a lift has to do with the quality of your skin and how much breast tissue you have.  Some people do extremely well with a simple explantation. Other people need a lift. Some people have so little tissue that removal without replacement using a smaller implant would be disastrous.  Your best option is to seek a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in breast augmentation surgery

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

In person exam required

Depending on how much tissue coverage there is vs the size of the implant and its position you might be able to get a good result.

It is extremely common to receive different opinions from different plastic surgeons about the best way to treat a specific “problem”. Each plastic surgeon may have his/her opinion that is based on their specific/unique education, experience, and personal preferences. Their opinions may also be shaped by unfavorable results they have encountered in their practices. 

Although these different opinions can be confusing and a source of anxiety for patients, it is good for patients to understand the different options available. Ultimately, it will be up to each patient to do their due diligence and select their plastic surgeon carefully. Part of this selection process will involve the patients becoming comfortable with the plastic surgeon's experience level and abilities to achieve their goals as safely and complication free as possible. If I were you, I would ask to see as many examples as possible of similar patients who your plastic surgeons have helped.

Based on your photographs, I do not  see the need for breast lifting.   In general, in "borderline" cases where there is doubt about both whether breast lifting is necessary or not, I advise patients to undergo explantation only and to give their breasts the benefit of the doubt (allow for about six months to pass after breast implant removal) before deciding whether breast lifting would be beneficial. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast implant removal surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

Removal without Lift

Based on your photos, you do not need a lift.  Wear a good compression bra to assist in healing.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

You do not need lift

You can have implant removal and fat grafting at the same time without lift. Please see the below link 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Lift

If you truly want your implants out, then you should have them removed.  Your skin looks like it is good quality, and you may not need a lift.   You could always have the implant removed and wait and see if you feel you need additional lift.

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon