How can I get my BMI from 34.2 to 31 in under 12 weeks before my mommy makeover surgery? Help please!
Doctor Answers 7
Best to be at a Consistent Weight for at Least 12 Months
It is best to undergo #MommyMakeover procedures when your weight has been stable for at least one year.
The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair. The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.
In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures. We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures. MWL (massive weight loss patients of 75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity.
Aggressive weight loss immediately prior to mommy makeover is not a good idea.
You might also like...
Weight loss before mommy makeover
Do not attempt radical weight loss and consider postponement of surgery
Losing weight rapidly is also not appropriate as this can have ill effects on your overall health.
My advice would be to consider postponement of surgery so as to give yourself adequate time to loose the required weight.
This is critical before having an operation which is quite involved and to avoid any complications, healing issues and also to give the best possible result.
I would definitely consider working with a dietitian who is knowledgeable in this area to help you in full preparation before this major operation.
Mommy make-over...is 25 pounds in 12 weeks possible
- Yes - in the time you have, you can lose 25 pounds safely - but not with pills.
- On a restricted diet, the average safe weight loss is 2 pounds a week = 24 pounds in 12 weeks.
- First - walking on the flat burns few calories. Start walking briskly - half of it up hill for an hour a day.
- If you have a swimming pool, swim the crawl for an hour if you have no hills to walk.
- Second - count your calories and eat 1500 calories a day - in lean meat, fruit and vegetables.
- Third - join a dance or other exercise class on top of your daily walk.
- Have your doctor check your thyroid - if you are low thyroid, treatment can help you lose 2-5 pounds.
- If this sounds like more than you can handle (and it is a lot), postpone the surgery -
- Have your regular doctor help you with a slower weight loss plan.
- The goal is not just to lose weight for surgery - but to keep it off afterwards so your health is as good as your body!.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.
How can I get my BMI from 34.2 to 31 in under 12 weeks before my mommy makeover surgery?
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.