Is there anything additional to do after a BBL if you don't want a tummy tuck? I'm afraid there may be a little excess skin

Appearance of excess skin post BBL

Great question! 

There are many options available, first I would recommend additional compression with a vest-waist-trainer over top of circumferential Lipo-foam around your waist.  I recommend this therapy to all my patients starting first four days after surgery.  

I wish you well through your recovery process, 

James S McAdoo DO FACOS, AOA dual board certified general, plastic/reconstructive, micro surgery surgeon 

This is a function of preoperative anatomy, the surgery, and the healing process.  Follow up with your surgeon.

It is always recommended to have a liposuction with transfer to your buttocks first as this guarantees more fat to be transferred than when it is combined with another procedure . As a surgeon is only allowed to take only about 1000cc of fat in a combo procedure instead of 4000cc in a single procedure, 6 months after will be a perfect time to have a tummy tuck.

A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy. This is a safe and effective way to contour the lower body. 

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.

Rami Ghurani, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well... If you without the tummy tuck done or the lipo, already have a bit of extra skin, it is more than probable that you will develop saggy skin after surgery, so it will be better for you to evaluate better with your surgeon.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Some of the skin after lipo will shrink but the only reliable way to correct excess skin is with surgery. Seek a plastic surgeon that performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon