I'm 29 yrs old, I weigh 250 lbs. What is an ideal weight for me if I'm considering lipo?

Healthy BMI

If you can get your weight as low as possible the risks of healing will go down significantly. You would need to be down to a healthy weight and BMI before having a cosmetic procedure to insure a safe outcome. Also, being at a stable weight is key to ensure you don't gain weight back after surgery. Good luck! 

Dean Vistnes,MD.

Vistnes Plastic Surgery

San Fancisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #liposuction

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Weight, BMI for Liposuction

It is best to wait until you are at or close to your preferred weight and have a BMI in the healthy range for your height. As surgeons, we usually recommend a BMI of under 30 for best results, though the closer you are to your ideal weight, the better your liposuction results will be. Also, after weight loss, maintain/stabilize your weight for up to six months before having your surgery. Remember that liposuction is not a replacement for diet and exercise. Contact a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an in-person consultation to discuss the best options for you. Best wishes.

Karen Singer, MD

Best body weight for liposuction.

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Your ideal weight depends in part on your height so we talk about the BMI
  • This is a Body Mass Index calculated using height and weight
  • For body contouring surgery, a BMI of 30 or lower is ideal.
  • So go on-line, enter 'calculate BMI", choose  a site and enter your height and weight.
  • If you are more than pounds over your ideal weight - which you can also find on-line - you might consider gastric bypass surgery to lose weight , instead of liposuction which does not lead to weight loss.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Weight Loss before Liposuction

You should be at your lowest weight possible, and then consider a hi definiton procedure.  If you have skin, this will need to be removed at the same time.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction/ Liposculpture/ Fat Transfer/ Vaser/ Hi Definition Procedures/Liposuction Revision/Tummy Tuck/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Liposuction

I would strongly suggest you be at or below a Body Mass Index (BMI) below 30 for best results.

John Burns, MD

Weight and liposuction

Thank you for your question.  In general, there is no "ideal weight" for liposuction. To get a good long term result, you want to do contouring when your weight is stable. I would suggest having a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. They will be able to assess what would be the best procedure  and timimg for you. 

Dr. Marcus Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon