I'm 10 days post-op and I've developed a rash of some sort on my chin and neck. How can I get some relief? (Photo)

I had my chin liposuctioned and hadn't had any issues until two days ago when some itching began. As of yesterday this rash has appeared. My plastic surgeon is out of state and I just got back home from Florida. I can't wear my chin guard because of the irritation. I hope this doesn't ruin my progress. Is this common or should I go see a doctor?

Allergy

Looks like you are allergic to something.   Are you putting any ointments on your skin.   Possibly its just the neck wrap.   Skin sometimes does not like to be covered.    Buy some hydrocortisone over the counter and rub it in 3X a day.  See your surgeon or whoever is taking call.   You will be fine.   Incidentally I never use neck wraps on my patients after day 2 and they do just fine.   My Best,  Dr Commons

Chin Liposuction

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Postoperative complications

Regardless of geographic location and you need to contact your plastic surgeon since he or she is responsible for your well-being after your procedure..

This is something that your doctor can probably help you with even without an examination.

It's possible this is unrelated but may be a side effect of medications like anabiotic's.

Traveling for surgical procedures has its drawbacks.

The need for postoperative care, complications or need for revisions are often much higher than people appreciate it.

Contact your plastic surgeon or your primary care physician.

Mats Hagstrom MD 

Mats Hagstrom, MD