I have a lot of scarring on my back and arms. Can the black scars be removed?

Scars on my back and arms

Scarring and dark patches of skin, known as hyperpigmentation can be treated with a series of chemical peels. This can be especially helpful if you have a darker skin tone. Additionally a regimen of glycolic lotion and hydroquinone would help further reduce the dark spots.

Scars on my back and arms

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Using Melarase or Plato's Dark Spot Corrector for dark scars on the face or body

Our Los Angeles practice specializes in scar treatment. For pigmented and dark scars, our office recommends two different creams, including Plato's Dark Spot Corrector and Melarase PM creams to help reduce discoloration.