I have a lot of scarring on my back and arms. Can the black scars be removed?

Doctor Answers 2

Scars on my back and arms

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Scarring and dark patches of skin, known as hyperpigmentation can be treated with a series of chemical peels. This can be especially helpful if you have a darker skin tone. Additionally a regimen of glycolic lotion and hydroquinone would help further reduce the dark spots.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 22 reviews

Using Melarase or Plato's Dark Spot Corrector for dark scars on the face or body

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Our Los Angeles practice specializes in scar treatment. For pigmented and dark scars, our office recommends two different creams, including Plato's Dark Spot Corrector and Melarase PM creams to help reduce discoloration.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.