Getting a crooked nose straightened without changing the nose shape or size? (Photo)

I abslouletly used to love my nose and got endless compliments for it until I fell right on my face, right away I saw a bump on my nose but looking at the mirror it looked straight and normal to me, I only noticed it was crooked too in right to left pictures which is the precepctive of people who see me, I still don't see it in the mirror. I was wondering if I can get nose straightened and the small bump shaved down without changing anything else?! I only want it look like it was before

Getting a crooked nose straightened without changing the nose shape or size?

Thank you for your question and photos

Thank you for your question. If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation

There are different kinds of rhinoplasty operations however we can divide them as the one that requires bone excision and the one that does not need bone excision. The main fact that we classify the rhinoplasty operations like that is that the results and postoperative period is associated closely with this fact. In the operations like “nasal tip correction”, “simple rhinoplasty” there is no need for a bone excision however these minor operations cannot be beneficial for everyone. The operation type is need to be determined by the surgeon according to needs of the patient. In these minor operations the rhinoplasty is performed with closed method. The bone and the cartilage tissues are not involved in the surgery directly. Small nasal bumps can be removed in these operations.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Crooked Nose after Trauma

For several reasons you are physically an ideal candidate for a rhinoplasty as long as the work is done by an experienced rhinoplasty specialist. You know what you want, the changes should be subtle, and you want a natural result. Good luck and pick carefully.

The nasal areas that you described and would like improved can be addressed with an artistically performed subtle nasal surgery (rhinoplasty).

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on a limited two dimensional photo without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty to straighten nose and shave small hump only.

Rhinoplasty to straighten nose and shave small hump only.Yes this can be done if you go to a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon. Make sure you communicate to him exactly what you want. Look at noses he has done similar to yours where nothing else was changed. It is very common for surgeons to overdo noses and you want toavoid this. 

Rhinoplasty for hump removal and straightening the nose

Yes, it is possible to undergo a  closed rhinoplasty to simply remove the hump and straighten the nose, yet leaving the remainder of the nose  looking the same. For many examples please see the link below