Very long Blepharoplasty Scar and bumps. Is this normal? (photos)

I had Blepharoplasty of the upper eyelid 2 weeks ago. The scar on one eye extends way beyond my eye-fold. This eye just barely had drooping and shouldn't have needed an extended scar. The other eye that had more drooping also has an extended scar, though slightly shorter but has lumps and bumps along the incision line and it all just looks terrible compared to what I had expected. I can tell that ppl notice it when they look at me. Will these extended scars heal or am I stuck with this forever?

Upper Eyelid Bleph Incisions

It looks as though you are healing very well....as stated these are not extended incisions...but actually very normal appearing.It will take a few months for the healing and you should have an excellent result.

Fort Lauderdale Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty scars

Your scars actually look quite normal. Since you are only 2 weeks out from surgery, you will continue to see improvement for the next 2 months, even longer. Just be patient.
Andrew Campbell, M.D.Facial Plastic SpecialistQuintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty

Thank you for your question. Studies have shown that many patients do not complain after eyelid (or blepharoplasty) surgery, and I am happy to hear that your experience reflects that conclusion. Your healing looks well for the 2 week post op mark. Please remain patient and follow the recovery protocol as provided by your board certified facial plastic surgeon. The scars will reduce in size as you continue through your healing process. 

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Upper lid incision

The length of your incisions is completely normal and these are not "extended" scars .  If you don't extend out that far you would still have the excess skin temporally.  These incisions heal well and will disappear  with time.  Your scar looks high, but would be helpful to see your pre-op to see where the crease was before. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty scar

you look like you are healing well for 2 weeks. The incisions will disappear as they heal so no worries. Everyone has asymmetry so the incisions should not match. The incisions need to extend outwards in order to shape the eyelid fold for the best result.  I think you are doing very well and will achieve a great result.  Best of luck.

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty scar

Given you are only 2 weeks post surgery, you look good. Your scar looks fine and it will continue to heal. You chose this surgeon for your procedure, 2 weeks post-op is not appropriate to begin to second guess.I'm not sure why you didn't expect this and based on what experience you state "it all looks terrible compared to what I had expected". Your blepharoplasty results will be final at about 6 months. Keep communicating with your surgeon and follow post-operative instructions for optimal results.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Blepharoplasty scars

Thank you for your question and photos.  Your scars look pretty typical.  All incisions must go through a healing process and will often times look the most pink/red at 1 month before fading out.  Try to be patient (easy for me to say I know) and be reassured that your incisions appear to be healing normally and do not look extra long.  All the best!

Sirius K. Yoo, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon