Normal swelling, early capsular contracture or seroma?

Had submuscular breast revision 4 weeks ago with saline implants .I went to a party two days ago and danced for 20 min . My left breast is now swollen with muscle spasms but no pain . I started taking advil but it's helping with the swelling is this normal ?

It would be too early for a capsular contracture.   Hematomas are rare after the 2 week post-op period.  Most likely it is swelling due to the activity.   

I recommend seeing your surgeon for an examination and possible ultrasound of the breast.   

Good luck.

Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Implant swelling

You should discuss with your surgeon.  Your swelling may be normal, but if it is only on one side, it could represent a hematoma and, if so, may require evacuation in the operating room.  

Jeffrey D. Wagner, MD

Seroma post breaast augmentation

Unusual to have a lot of swelling after surgery on one side. It is possible a blood vessel burst, sealed and the fluid will be absorbed. Best to see your plastic surgeon to be examined. There is a blunt cannula that can be used to aspirate (remove) the fluid. Seroma is more common in textured implants. Good luck...

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon