Do I Have to Lose Weight Before Tummy Tuck and Lipo?

i need to lose 40lbs. of fat, exercise has not helped, why?

Thank you for the question. Generally speaking, it is always best to achieve long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with body contouring surgery. Doing so, will increase the safety of the operation, will likely improve the outcome of the operation, and will decrease chances that additional surgery will become necessary subsequently. In my practice, I do not ask specific patients to achieve a specific weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. I simply ask patients to achieve a long-term stable weight where he/she feels comfortable and does not expect significant fluctuation postoperatively. You may find the attached link, dedicated to patients who have experienced significant weight loss, helpful to you as you consider your options. Best wishes.

Weight loss Failure = Caloric intake exceeds Calories burned

Weight gain is strictly a balance between the number of calories we consume to those we burn. Whenever we take in more than we burn, the calories are converted to ADDITIONAL fat.

To alter the balance, you MUST greatly increase the amount of calories burned ( taking the stairs, parking the car at the far end of the parking lot, additional exercise) coupled with a SLOW (not sudden) down shifting in caloric intake. (When people stop eating to lose weight, their metabolism slows down making burning calories much harder).

Good Luck.