I was yawning big and heard a small tick sound close to my left nostrils. Alar base reduction.

I had an alar base reduction and cinching suture was used, is there any chance that the suture might got affected or broken somehow. I have pain only on my left nostrills .

Suture brake after rhinoplasty

Dear Dores, it is very unusual to cause any harm to the nose after yawning. How many days after operation has this incident happened? The best answer will be given by your doctor. So it is better to visit or call your doctor. Good luck.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Possible broken rhinoplasty base reduction suture

Based on your description, it is possible that you broke a suture.  I recommend contacting your rhinoplasty surgeon.  They will likely want to examine your nose to see if you did.

Clyde Mathison, MD
Knoxville Facial Plastic Surgeon