Should a Doctor Charge Full Price for a Revision Surgery?

I had a brazilian butt lift and feel that he did not take enough fat out the first time after looking at pictures of another doctor's results. My waist is not tiny. I still have fat in my flanks and between my legs that rub when I walk. I made an appt. for a revision but I am scared they're going to try to charge me full price for the revision. Does that sound like something a doctor would do?

Revision costs

I think that you ahve to talk to the doctor's office to find out what they would charge you for an additional procedure.  Every office is different.

Revision of fat transfer to the buttock

Each practice handles revision costs differently. You should discuss this with your surgeon before having surgery. There may be some operating room fees and anesthesia fees that need to be addressed. As far as the timing of a revision, I would wait around six months before having any further surgery. Be careful when comparing your body/results to other patients' photos you may see on the internet- results will vary significantly.

William Bruno, MD

Brazillian Butt Lifts

See a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of BBls and ask him or her if you are under-suctioned. What some patients think is fat is actually skin and can't be used. Surgeons who are just starting to do BBls tend to be conservative, while experienced grafters tend to be very aggressive in their harvesting. The amount grafted varies, but the amount harvested should be maximized in almost all cases.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Revision after surgery

Every practice have its own policy for revisions. Call you plastic surgeon and talk about your concerns. 

I typically liposuction 5 liters and transfer 1200 cc to 1500 cc per buttock in most patients.   If you had a procedure performed like that the first time, the surgeon could not have done any more.  Otherwise, the revision should probably be discounted.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and Brazilian buttlift revision procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA