Breasts look uneven. Shld I be worried or is this normal? (photos)

I had my 1wk appt on Friday&my dr wasn't happy with me cuz they were swollen and he said I shldnt of taken that walk with my mom on Wednesday or gone to wrk on Thursday. He said the only walking I shld b doing is from room to room I'm on bed rest till Wed. Today I noticed one is higher and smaller than the other.  Will the other drop and fluff as well or is this how they will stay ? I have 360cc on each submuscular with areola incision. Surgery was 3/31/16

Breast Augmentation Results

Your breasts are going to look nothing like they do now, so don't worry if they look uneven. As for your doctors comment, that's just entire rubbish.  You did nothing wrong by being modestly active, and most surgeons would expect you to do things like that. My patients are at full activity including work and driving in three days. You're swollen because you had surgery, not because you went on a walk with your mother.

Breast look uneven

Most likely this is just swelling since you are 1 week post-op.  You should be patient and let things settle, as it's not uncommon to see one breast swell more than the other.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Breasts look uneven

I am only looking at one angle , but you most likely have one implant settling sooner than the other, which is very common.  Give it several months , it's only been a week and is too early post operatively.

Chad Robbins, MD

Breasts look uneven. Shld I be worried or is this normal?

Thank you for your question.  At 1 week post op, it's still too early to make any judgement on your final result.  With time, swelling goes down and your implants settle down into their position.  Wait at least 3 months to get a better idea.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  If you're still dissatisfied longterm, revision can be considered as an option.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breasts look uneven............

it's very common in the early post-operative stages of bilateral surgery to have a difference from side to side. This does not mean that anything is wrong.you can discuss these issues are your post-operative visits with your plastic surgeon.

Patrick Briggs, FRCSI(Plast Surg)
Perth Plastic Surgeon

At 1 week post operative you are very early in the healing process. Your breasts will continue to change shape and softness in the weeks and months to come. Follow up with your surgeon as directed. 

Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breasts uneven and high?

You have to remember that you are in the early postoperative period and do have to allow the breasts to settle or fluff as you say but this is takes time; I do see that one breast is larger than the other and this will make it look like it is higher than the other; the other concern I have is that your nipples are lower than desirable for the implant you have chosen; this will get better as your lower breast pole accommodates your implant, but you may need a lift in the future for optimum results.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Allow time to recover

Thank you for your photos and questions. It is not uncommon for you to experience asymmetry with your breasts throughout the healing process. The asymmetry can be related to pain/ discomfort, swelling, implants settling, etc. You want to allow up to 6 months for your final result. In the meantime, follow-up as directed with your plastic surgeon and follow post op protocols.
Best of luck with your continued recovery,

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Drop & Fluff

It's too early to judge their appearance. When breast implants are first put into your body, they typically sit higher up in the chest. This is because it’s the path of least resistance – your body requires some time to adjust to their presence, regardless of whether they’ve been placed in a sub-mammary (between breast tissue and chest muscle) or sub-muscular (under both the breast and chest muscle). Immediately following surgery, you’ll find that your newly enhanced breasts appear very full and swollen, especially in the upper portion above the nipples. Your skin will most likely look very tight and your nipples may point slightly downward as well. This may make the shape and overall appearance of your breasts appear unnatural. Don’t worry, because they will change for the better, something casually known as “dropping and fluffing”.

Should you still be concerned after 2-4 months, I'd recommend booking a follow-up appointment with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options.

All the best.

Recovery after an augmentation

Congratulations kaykay on your augmentation! Everyone recovers differently and it really depends on what kind of augmentation you had and if the same thing was done on both sides.You are still really early in the recovery period. If the breast looks different and feels different, it is important to maintain follow up with your doctor and have your concerns addressed in person as well. Best of luck, MMT