Weird lump on my top lip after Juvederm, doctor said it is scar tissue. What can I do? (Photo)

The first time was 1 syringe, but didn't fill the middle of the top lip. So I went back for another. After the 2nd syringe, the middle got lumpy, almost looked like a blister. So I went back to get it fixed. Another dr advised to remove the juvederm in my top lip and redo it. So he did, but when he did he said I had scar tissue in the middle so he didn't inject the middle to avoid my lips looking uneven. Yet they still do and I still have that weird lump, was he right? What can I do to fix it?

Lip Swelling After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

Id suggest reversing the filler and using 5fu/steroids to help bring down the "scar."  Exilis ultra to the lips helps as well.  Best, Dr. Emer.

It would be best for you to be examined by either a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon experienced in filler to determine if this is scar tissue or a lump of filler. From there, they can correct your issue accordingly and properly fill your lips. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Weird Lump in Lips Fter Juvederm

An expert should be able to tell if that is a lump of filler or scar by the feel of it.  Please have an exam by an expert in injectables.  

Problem after lip fillers

I don't see a lump in your lip but see loss of volume/tissue in the midline upper lip where the tubercle should be. This needs filler to correct. The lower lip should have 2 paramedian tubercles. Please see an expert for this problem.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lump in top lip after fillers

Thank you for the photos but this is a bit hard to comment on without an in-person consult. Obviously you've had a lot done to your lips in what sounds like a short amount of time. You very well could have some scar tissue there which may or may not soften over time. So, there is either a lump of filler there or scar tissue. You can dissolve all the product - it may take a few rounds of hyaluronidase to do this - or you can wait for everything to go away and then assess the bump if it is still there. "This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."