Weird boobs one year post-op Lift and Augmentation? (photos)

I got an anchor breast lift with 400 cc high profile silicone implants, under the muscle about a year ago. I kept waiting for them to drop into a more natural look, but its not improved much. They look smaller and flat from the front, and super curved and weird from the side. I cant pin point what exactly the issue is. Is there anything I can do to achieve a more natural profile, with better roundness/fullness of the breast overall?

Weird boobs one year post-op Lift and Augmentation?

You are going to see the difference just after the procedure. However it is necessary to wait for some time in order to see the final result. After the breast augmentation operation the recovery period depends on your physical status, age, general health and condition mainly. The operation itself does not take too long therefore you receive a mild anesthesia. Since the anesthesia that you receive is mild; you will not have problems associated with anesthetic agents after the operation. This is especially important and can be achieved with only a team of plastic surgeons like we have. After the operation you will be advised to wear a corset in order to reduce the edema. You can start to do your daily activities just after the operations but we do not advise you heavy lifting, running or activities that require excess physical activity. The more you rest, the faster your recovery will be.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Abnormal breasts after lift and implants.

I agree that your profile reveals abnormal breasts after lift and implants.  This is not uncommon, but can be fixed by removing and lifting some of the skin in your inframammary crease, and placing the implants above the muscle, instead of below the muscle.

From the pictures you have posted, I don't think they look like they need to drop or settle anymore (pictures can be hard to fully assess). They are a high profile implants so they will naturally have more upper pole fullness than a more "natural looking" implant such as a moderate projection implant. If your breast still feel firm/hard then I would suggest seeing your plastic surgeon. Since it has been 1 year post-op there could be other issues that need to be resolved, such as capsular contracture. Seeing your plastic surgeon for a proper assessment is the best way to determine what is going on and to make sure you're fully satisfied with your results. 

Mahmood Kara, MD

Thank you for your question and photo.  As others have noted it appears that your implants are high and have not dropped down into the breast.  In person examination is necessary to evaluate whether the implant is too high and needs to be released or whether the breast was inadequately lifted and needs a revisional lift.  Please follow-up with your plastic surgeon for an examination.

Unsatisfactory Result from Augmentation Mastopexy

Your photos indicate that your breast implants are sitting up on your chest, and your tissue hangs below them.  In your case, this appears to be symmetrical and therefore unlikely to be capsular contracture, but merely implant malposition. If your surgeon is not an ABPS certified/ASAPS member surgeon that specializes in revision breast surgery, you should visit a few for second opinions. Either the implants need to be repositioned, or your breast tissue needs to be re-lifted, or both.  Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

#breastimplants #breastimplantrevision

RTS,

Its difficult to tell from the photos but I'm generally not a fan of anchor breast lifts because they tend to make the breast more boxy and flat. I prefer vertical lollipop lifts for a number of reasons.  Irregardless, I would see a plastic surgeon in person to make sure you don't have capsular contracture which may explain why your implants are riding high.

Feel free to call or email us if you have any further questions.

Dr. Daniel Barrett
Barrett Plastic Surgery
9735 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 216
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Daniel Barrett, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

High implant position following lift/mastopexy

It looks from your photos that your implant is sitting high in relation to your breast position.  The left side more compared to the right.  The high profile implant may be a bit too narrow for your chest wall width as well.  There are certainly things that can be done to improve the appearance of your breasts (implant exchange putting in a lower position and further tightening of your skin).  With high implants it is also important to rule out contracture as the source of your implant position problems as well.  Good luck!

Kelly Killeen, MD

Reoperation

Thank you very much for your question and photos. There are two possibilities for your case, either your implants sit higher then they are supposed to be or your nipples are located below their normal position. A through examination should be performed to clearly identify the problem. Surgery is the solution for both problems though. Your implants can be lowered, your nipple-areola complex can be raised or a combination of these two can be performed. Best luck for your remedial treatment.

Kind regards,

Guray

Guray Yesiladali, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon