I'm 2 weeks away to flying to Miami to get a bbl. is it safe to take Norco? Or should I stop?

I take Norco 10/325 I take it for a herniated disk. I'm taking it every 6 hours. I am also taking Soma 3 times a day.

Medications & BBL Questions

Hello and Great Question.  I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  My name is Dr. Matthew J. Nykiel.  I am a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, a Fellowship Trained Cosmetic Surgeon, and a Butt Augmentation Specialist. You should ask your surgeon these questions.  Ultimately, he/she should advise you.  That individual knows your history best.
Best of Luck!  Please reach out if you have any further questions or concerns. Matthew J. Nykiel, MD
Butt Augmentation Specialist

Chronic pain medication

Whether you did a virtual consultation for an in person consultation your medical history should ever been viewed in detail prior to scheduling surgery. This should have included your use of opiates and your back problems. Both can have an impact on how the procedure is done and postoperative management. Since you still have time I suggest you contact your doctor as soon as possible and discuss your concerns with him or her. Each Dr. may have different criteria or concerns in regards to this regards and it would be inappropriate for us to manage your care. Best, Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

You need to make sure that your PS in Miami is aware of your medical history and medication list. Most PS prescribe Norco for the pain medication after surgery. I worry that because you already take Norco every 6h and Soma that you will not have adequate pain coverage after surgery. 

Brazilian Butt Lift Revision/ BBL / Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective pre op instructions for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon