It's been 6 weeks since my BA and my breasts have no shape and are still too high is this normal?

It's been 6 weeks since my BA and My breast are still really real high and swollen. I have minimal lifting activity and I drink a lot of water I am also getting a lot of muscle spasms which are extremely painful. I massage my breasts but the right one is so sensitive to touch. I feel like they have no shape or form and it makes me upset to think that this could be my final result.

6 weeks post-op - still healing

Six weeks post operation is still early when it comes to the healing process. Doctors will typically tell you to wait 3-6 months before you begin to see your "final results" from the surgery, and its true. Also if you haven't yet, make sure to meet with your plastic surgeon for consultations often to answer any concerns you may have such as your pain and muscle spasms. You look like you are healing well and congratulations on your surgery!

Best wishes

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Breast Augmentation

Hello,Unfortunately, your question cannot be answered intelligently without an examination or at least pictures. Please repost with GOOD quality photos, not selfies. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Your implants are indeed unusually high.  I would advise you to address this with your surgeon.Hope this helps.Dr. Ali Mosharrafa

Ali Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Hi riding implants

You implants are very high riding with asymmetrical breast folds.  This is typical of implants that are very large and approach done via the axilla.  You scars are placed in a visible part of the breast which is atypical.  When approached from up high it is hard to control the lower half of the breast.  The lower part of the pectoralis muscle is often not accurately released so the implants do not drop.  Plus there would be quite a bit of animation deformity which is see when you move your arm.  Also the bands which form your old inframammary fold can not be accurately release so there is much more chance to have a double bubble deformity.  You will most likely need to have a revision breast augmentation. 

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Your appearance at 6 weeks is atypical. The scars are atypical. unless those are from another previous surgery or the like. When large implants are used and the fold is not lowered and the muscle is not divided, the implants can ride high and not drop properly. See your surgeon and get an answer that you feel comfortable with. If you don't feel comfortable then try and find a different surgeon.

It's been 6 weeks since my BA and my breasts have no shape and are still too high is this normal? (photos)

Thank you for the question and photos. It is only six weeks post op and it can take Upto 3-6 months for your final result. If you are having a lot of spasms it is best to contact your board certified plastic surgeon and discuss about possibly prescribing muscle relaxant. Once the muscle relaxes implants may start to drop and can help you with your discomfort and appearance. I would recommend for you to follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.