What is the best BMI for Brazilian butt lift. I'm 5" 5.

Is my BMI to high 5"5 198 pounds

#BBL #BMI

Amour1234,

BMI is important but your overall proportions and goals are more important.  Do you have a photo you can send? Is your weight stable?  You don't want to do the surgery then lose a lot of weight. Let us know.

Feel free to call or email us if you have any further questions.

Dr. Daniel Barrett
Barrett Plastic Surgery
9735 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 216
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Beverly Hills Physician

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I specialize in Brazilian Butt Lifts and Body Contouring procedures.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

BBL

I recommend that my patients have a BMI of 30 or less to have the best and safest results. Your BMI is around 33 so I would recommend getting it down to at least 30. I also recommend that my patients maintain their goal weight for at least 6 months prior to surgery because weight fluctuations can affect your results. It is important to remember to live a healthy, balanced lifestyle through diet and exercise, even after surgery for best results and to reduce your chance of health related issues. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

BMI and BBL

You likely will have a better outcome from a BBL procedure if you lose some weight before surgery. Watch this brief video.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

BMI for BBL

Hi Amour1234,

Thank you for your question.  Your BMI is one factor we consider when estimating the risks of surgery.  As long as your BMI is below 30 (ideally 28), your risk is considered comparable to the average (assuming your otherwise healthy).  For BBL, I recommend people are within 15 pounds of their natural body weight.  This doesn't always agree with the medical definition of ideal body weight.  This is the weight that you can maintain without significant dieting or exercise.  By being near your natural weight, the results of your BBL will be more predictable and long lasting.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Dr. B

The recommended BMI is less than 30. This is the recommendation of the American society of plastic surgery. The reason simply, is increased chance of complications. These include but limited to, pulmonary embolus, deep venous thrombosis, delayed wound healing and increase infection rate.  A "BBL" Brazilian butt lift harvest fat from areas ( Liposuction ) with the fat removed from the areas using your own fat it transfer to the buttocks and into the hips.The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.  When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD

BMI and BBL

Wait or BMI is not the best predictor if someone is a candidate for liposuction or fat transfer.

Fat distribution is by far more important.

There are of course extreme examples on both the low and a high-end of which these procedures do not make sense.

Generally speaking patience with a BMI over 40 and may not do as well. An examination is needed to give an accurate assessment.

Consider posting with pictures.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Bmi

The patients with a BMI of 20 to 30 get the best contouring results from a Brazilian Fat transfer to the buttocks.  The most important point is to get to a comfortable weight for your level of dieting and exercising.    You do not want to gain weight for the surgery since you will lose the result when you return to you normal body weight after the surgery. 

Kenneth Sumida, MD
Folsom Plastic Surgeon