Wanting to change to high profile implants. Any suggestions? (photos)

I currently have medium profile 339cc silicone implants. I want to change to larger high profile implants. I am currently 32 ddd, 5'3. 125 lb. feel like current implants look a little droopy. Will the new implants be too big?

Change implants

It really depends on how big you are wanting to go, whether they will "look too big."  Switching out to high profile implants is fine but to what size will depend on the look you wish to achieve.  Make an appointment with Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who performs a lot of revision breast surgery and bring him/her photos of the look you wish to achieve.  Best of luck to you

Suggestions when wanting to change to larger HP implants

presumably with the same base dimension so you can be bigger... WHY?  Your appearances in the photo you provided look great.  And if I was your surgeon, I probably wouldn't do it for you since you already have a great look.  Why take on the additional costs, risks, and time down to have something that could tip your great result into a OMG result?

Curtis Wong, MD

Wanting to change to high profile implants. Any suggestions?

Increasing the size of your implants will not dramatically improve any sagging of your breasts. Implants do not lift the breasts, but only add volume. In fact, if you're noticing sagging it's because your skin and soft tissues are stretching. Adding larger implants will likely make the stretching worse and causes sagging to happen more quickly.

Want to change my implant size

From your photos it is difficult to tell how much droopiness your breasts have.  It appears you may get more fullness and better shape by switching to a subglandular placement of the implant, along with a larger size implant.  Something I do frequently.

Christopher Costanzo, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Change to high profile

Thank you for your question.  It is difficult to say based on the photo that you have sent as it covers up your upper pole and the position of your arms does not show me how your breasts look when your arms are at your sides.  That said I think it would be best for you to have an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in order to get an exam and find out what your goals are.  There are many choices for implants and a high profile implant may or may not be the answer for you.  As my college stated  droopy breasts are not necessarily caused by the implant and may mean that you are in need of a lift.  

Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Revision Breast Augmenation

Hello,Your current implants appear to be substantial in size, and you have little room left for increasing volume.  HP implants will give you more projection and and volume, and possibly upper pole fullness, but will not minimize your glandular ptosis, and may even increase ptosis. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Change to high profile

Thank you for your question. The photo you provided is covering the upper pole of the breast and your position also makes it difficult to evaluate with your arms forward pushing the breasts together and up.The Natrelle series has added a new line of implants called Inspira, they have a better gel to shell ratio which is going to help with rippling issues. The Inspira line has 5 profiles and so the former high profiles are now Full or Extra Full profile.Your current implant dimensions are 12.4 cm diameter and 4.0 cm projection. The Inspira Full would be 415 cc 12.5 cm diameter (no real difference) and 5.1 cm projection a full 1.1 cm more. The Inspira Extra Full would be 495 cc 12.5 cm diameter and 6.1 cm projection.My only concern is your comment about looking droopy which is more likely related to the breast itself than the implant. A more projecting implant will add volume to the breast above the nipple. The implants will not cause significant elevation of the nipple. This may require a lift but an exam would be necessary to make that decision.Return to your surgeon or seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate you and help guide you with this decision.Good luck and I hope this was helpful

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

Sometimes bigger is not better since it can cause more sagging over time. A higher profile implant may give you more upper fullness. I would suggest meeting with your surgeon and discussing all your options and concerns.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Changing to High Profile larger breast implants?

You may well be able to place larger more projecting high-profile implants however keep in mind that the added weight and volume will lead to stretching and relaxation of your tissues re-creating your current dissatisfaction.  This can become a slippery slope leading to you eventually being larger than you ever wished to be and still saggy.  Think it over carefully but if you do wish to proceed an implant larger than 339 mL is probably feasible and may satisfy you.  Meet with an ABPS board-certified plastic surgeon or two in your area to discuss your options.  Keep in mind that restoring additional fullness will also make you larger and you are already currently a triple D cup.  Best wishes and good luck.
Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

A higher profile will elevate your breasts and narrow them as well. Final size on in office examination with local surgeons. Best of luck 

Stuart A. Linder, MD, FACS