Voluma for saggy face? 34 year old (Photo)

I am 34 years old and have experienced a MAJOR loss in volume over a short period of time. Seems like my skin dropped overnight. I would Like to correct the nasolabial fold lines that appear to sag, Also the irregularity around my mouth and chin. Doctor suggested voluma in various areas including the cheeks;Also injections in other places. Estimated 4 vials which, according to other accounts, seems Excessive. I work on camera and do not want a drastic change that will make me look different

Voluma

If you are concerned that 4 vials is too much, you can always start with 2. And/or you could get a second opinion from another board certified plastic surgeon in your area and see if the two recommendations line up. Finding the right injector is about finding someone experienced, yes, but also someone who really listens and understands your goals. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Voluma: Start Small; Add When Desired

Voluma is an excellent choice to give your face a slight and natural lift to compensate for lost volume. Because it is injected deeply into the skin, it actually stimulates the production of collagen, which further rejuvenates your face. You can Always start with two vials and add more if you wish. An expert injector will make you look more youthful while respecting your natural beauty, and truthfully when 4 syringes are injected properly the results are not drastic but one looks notably more refreshed. These syringes are supplied in 1/5 of a teaspoon and If too little is injected you will also not see enough of multiple areas need to be corrected.Please consult a board-certified dermatologist who has expertise in Voluma and is preferably a trainer for the product.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma for saggy face? 34 year old

Juvederm Voluma® is great for filling/shaping the upper cheeks, which then causes a lifting of the soft tissue of the lower cheeck. Another great option is Ulthera® laser/Ultherapy® to lift the entire cheek. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Voluma is a great choice for correcting volume loss in the right candidate.

Voluma is a great choice for correcting volume loss in the right candidate. One nice thing about it as well is that the results are immediate. If you think that 4 vials is too much, start with 2 and see how you like it. If you still need more correction, more can be added. It’s generally best to start conservatively, because it’s easier to add more later than to fix problems from being over-filled.

Karen Beasley, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Voluma

It's very reassuring that all the responders agree that two syringes would be ideal for you. It will give you a very natural fuller appearance and while being a nice improvement it will also be subtle. Four syringes would be overkill leaving you puffy appearing and over treated.  I recommend finding a doctor more in line with your aesthetic goals. Best of luck.

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Facial Volume Loss

The volume loss of your cheeks is not extreme  and there is a moderate amount of loss along the nasolabial folds,chin, and jawline. I would suggest 2cc total of Voluma for the cheeks and jawline, including the pre-jowl sulcus, and 1 cc of Juvederm Ultra Plus for the nasolabial folds and perioral area.

Joel E. Kopelman, MD, FACS
Ridgewood Oculoplastic Surgeon

Voluma for volume loss

I agree that starting with 2 syringes is best for you. Wait 2 weeks and then re evaluate. I think it is a good choice for you.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

You will like the results

You will benefit from some volume enhancement.
Since you are concerned, start with 1/2 that, or two syringes and then you can always add more.
Your concerns are real and you look great, so going slow is fine.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon