Voluma in nose. It is bigger, round and bulkier. What can I do? (Photo)

I had voluma put in over two months ago to balance my left side to my right side and to straighten it. I had rhinoplasty 8 or so years ago and it came out not what I had invisioned crooked and on the left side a bulb of scar tissue. So after I have this filler done my nose is bigger and rounder and bulkier and I dislike it . When I went back to the doctor he couldn't remember putting it in my nose but he did. What can I do? Depressed. He won't fix it either.

Voluma can be reversed.

Rather odd that notes are not kept. Regardless, see a Board Certified specialist, we can use a reversal enzyme called Hylase to dissolve Voluma as this is a HA based filler. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Non-surgical Rhinoplasty with Voluma

I am so sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your results. I find it disturbing that your surgeon doesn't remember using Voluma on your nose. It is possible to dissolve the filler. I would suggest that you seek a consultation with another board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry

I would recommend follow up with your injector as they have options to correct his issue for me.

Voluma in your nose

It appears from the photo that too much product was put in.  Please consult an expert to inject Vitrase and fix this problem for you.  I am sorry for your experience.  Best, Dr. Green

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty With Voluma

Hi and thanks for your question. Voluma is an excellent filler for Non Surgical Rhinoplasty, but you have to be careful to use it sparingly so as to avoid outcomes like this. Fortunately, Voluma is reversible with simple injections of hyaluronidase. It is easy to dissolve part or all of it. If your doc refuses to fix it, I would recommend that you go to someone very experienced in the procedure and it should be simple to correct. Your nose is quite nice. I perform this procedure daily with Voluma and I would think that you would have needed a very tiny amount to get a fantastic result.

Nose Voluma made nose rounder and bigger

I'm sorry this has happened. I don't think that many people are good at filler in the nose or know the potential for bad outcomes/complications. I would get it removed with hyaluronidase. It could take 2 or more treatments. Remember that placing filler in the nose will always make the nose fuller, particularly if placed in the tip. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Voluma Non-Surgical Nose Job

Sorry to hear about your experience. It's concerning that a physician would not remember or document a procedure he performed on a patient. Fortunately, you can have the Voluma dissolved using Hyaluronidase. Please find an experienced physician for this. Best wishes.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Voluma

Thank you for your question. There are options to reduce the amount of filler. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. The in-person examination will allow you to discuss completely your concerns and questions.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Voluma in nose

sorry to hear about your troubles. I have had a lot of success with Voluma in the nose. What you describe sounds more like Juvederm or Restylane. Nevertheless, you can have any hyaluronic acid based filled dissolved with hyaluronidase. Every practice that injects filler should have it on hand. If I (or another clinician in my practice) did not inject the filler, I usually charge $200-300 fee for hyaluronidase. 

Lily Lee, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with Non-Surgical Nose Job--Hyaluronidase​ to the rescue

If you're unhappy with your results, you can have it reversed with hyaluronidase and try a different technique next time. Facial fillers (Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm) are great to improve symmetry of the nose. Surgery would be needed for the nostrils/shape. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer